Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook likes help..

Options
  • 27-12-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have recently created an fb business page http://www.facebook.com/equipatrip

I am having trouble understanding how likes works.
    Do other buisness users who like show up in the counter?
    Is like the same as follow?

Any tips on getting it seen? I have posted in the like each others page on boards, added an incentive by way of a give away, but still no likes.

Any help welcome.

ps; its for my new business to launch in the new year, online travel accessories..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Is it an online biz or do you have bricks n motor as well, I just liked it there for you but been honest I could get you up to the 15 likes in about 10 hours no problem but they would just be for the ipad case so would be of little use to you in the long run.

On the point of the case you don't have much details of it on the page, is it the €2 one's that you get in the € shops or is it a 24 Kt gold one? put a bit of info on the prize might give you a better response.

Do you have your own facebook page? how many friends do you have, can you ask them to promote it for you? Make your giveaway to include sharing your post, that way people liking your page is also sharing to their friends.

You will need your site up and running to get any decent likes, people like to know what they are liking.

I'd also look into facebook adverts if you are looking to build your likes. And with all online marketing you need to get out on the web and tell people. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I like you page but I am not on the facebook so cannot 'Like' you page. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

ok, from what I have worked out, business likes dont show up on the counter, a share is better than a like, as I have a business page I cant always share another page??
    I tried to share a relevant pigsback offer and it wont show on my page.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

jamesbil wrote: »
    ok, from what I have worked out, business likes dont show up on the counter, a share is better than a like, as I have a business page I cant always share another page??
    I tried to share a relevant pigsback offer and it wont show on my page.

To be harsh and honest you sound in over your head, perhaps seek some training on social media use or hire a professorial.

no, just new to fb and trying to work out what different features do...

• Advertisement

If you are serious about making facebook / social media work for you in an effective way and you are only new to facebook yet alone facebook for business. Do yourself a favour and get some training from some one in the know who is a good teacher.

Many county enterprise boards etc run subsided

ooo! now thats why I use Boards.ie, handy info like that.

Have you any experience of said enterprise boards?

To be honest no, I work in online marketing / digital so I'm more practitioner than teacher to be honest. I'm sure if you google something will pop up.

Where are you located and I'll see if I can see anything happening in your area?

Ballina Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

From a design aspect. You should probably work on your banner image. The fonts are a bit of a mess.

• Advertisement

Of course contact your local enterprise board and talk to these type of people

http://mayo-open-coffee-club.org/

I'm not a huge far of some certain types of training but I think that from where you are now they will certainly help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

jamesbil wrote: »
    ooo! now thats why I use Boards.ie, handy info like that.

Have you any experience of said enterprise boards?

I did a social media marketing course with Wicklow County Enterprise board recently and I found it top notch. They have an advanced version too, only €50 for the day. With luck there's a similar one in Mayo.
    I'm very impressed with the Wicklow Enterprise board and I'm sure it's the same with other counties.
    Best of luck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

You could also start by reading the help pages that Facebook offer for business pages here. If you find any of that is too much or over your head, then you should do as Adrian has suggested. Something run by the likes of an enterprise board will be more reliable than someone who touts themselves as some sort of social media guru...avoid these people.

Thanks for that, i have just got a application form from Mayo CEB for mentor support, so will see where that goes..

Advertisement