Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to Do Friday 28th in Dublin

Options
  • 27-12-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I'm still on Xmas leave. She is working all week so I'm left to myself the last few days. With no football on tv tomorrow I'm looking for a few ideas for things I could do in Dublin tomorrow?

I was thinking about going to the Croke Park Museum but I'm only 50/50 on the idea.

Is there any events on tomorrow or can anyone recommend a few ideas to pass a few hours by myself tomorrow?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Do the Skyline tour at Croker (only if you have a head for heights though, and wrap up warm, you'd be 13 stories up!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Ended up bringing my nephew along to Croke Park today.

€12 adult. €8 for under 12.

Thought it would be quiet enough today there due to Xmas. Staff told me it was but still ended up with over 30 people on my tour.

Start of watching a video showing All Ireland day build up for hurling and football. Excellent intro as many Americans and Aussies on the tour didn't have a clue about the sport and were left speechless when told it was a amateur sport. Got a lovely tour around the stadium including dressing rooms,warm up area,VIP area, Presidential Box Area.

Full interactive museum where you can take part in games. The passion of the staff for Gaelic Games was amazing. Our tour guide was a woman of 70 years of age and she knew every game that was played.

I can't recommend enough for a day out. The girl that works on the check out is the grand niece of Michael Hogan who the main stand is named after in Croke Park and had been murdered by the British Army in 1920

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Will be bringing this to the lads in my parish in the New Year....;)

Happy New Year MANUTD99

GSW :)

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Ended up bringing my nephew along to Croke Park today.

€12 adult. €8 for under 12.

Thought it would be quiet enough today there due to Xmas. Staff told me it was but still ended up with over 30 people on my tour.

Start of watching a video showing All Ireland day build up for hurling and football. Excellent intro as many Americans and Aussies on the tour didn't have a clue about the sport and were left speechless when told it was a amateur sport. Got a lovely tour around the stadium including dressing rooms,warm up area,VIP area, Presidential Box Area.

Full interactive museum where you can take part in games. The passion of the staff for Gaelic Games was amazing. Our tour guide was a woman of 70 years of age and she knew every game that was played.

I can't recommend enough for a day out. The girl that works on the check out is the grand niece of Michael Hogan who the main stand is named after in Croke Park and had been murdered by the British Army in 1920

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Will be bringing this to the lads in my parish in the New Year....;)

Happy New Year MANUTD99

GSW :)

Very hard to explain and maybe just a once off but you could just feel the passion of the GAA the minute the tour started. I mean the tour was a bit amateur at times. We went into rooms with no lights on and had to turn back once or twice.

Highlight for me was the guide saying when Muhammad Ali came back for the Special Olympics Opening Ceremony in Croker, he was a little upset there was no plague to mention him fighting in Croke Park in the 70's and he was told. "Well you didn't play Gaelic Football or Hurling"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Little known fact, but the tunnel that is used during concerts only (covered with seats for matches) is called the Mohammed Ali tunnel. Its a great place, I volunteer there on match days, love every minute of it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement