Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite a Bargain! Major Scam.....

Options
  • 27-12-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Just wondering if many people have bought from this site? I bought a couple of surprise Santa boxes and to say they were full of sh#te is being polite! I'm just wondering what processes people are going through to get a refund and is there anyone who received a half decent one from them???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niki2013

hi i bought 1 to, still waiting on it 2 arrive not lookin 4ward 2 it :( would like know best way to get a refund and get company named and shamed so this never happen again to other people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Oh my dear lord , this mystery box arrived today , 3 days after Xmas and full of absolute ****e !

I have a flying alarm clock , a sauna belt , a cheap no brand watch , a steam iron ??card reader and USB for a amazing galaxy tablet - ( I don't have 1 )

Sorry that's a Samsung galaxy tablet , orange socks , a gel set for toes and a measuring tape ! Total value is about €30 !

It's a joke , it's like they robbed a pound shop ! Not one brand mentioned in the ad is there , babybliss , revlon etc nowhere to be Seen

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

Hi folks,

I ordered this tablet thing for €109 on december 6th. with the 10 day delivery i thought to myself yay i have santa sorted for my 7 year old. today is the 28th of december and still have not recieved anything. i have sent some nasty emails requesting a phone call and recieved nothing. they sent me an email with numbers for customer care and they go straight to voicemail. bite a bargain i will see you in court for fraud, deception and theft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Ye're in the wrong forum lads! This forum is for technical issues with the boards.ie website.

Maybe try posting in the Consumer Issues forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

What did you expect folks? Just looked it up there:
    "€39 for a Secret Santa Mystery Gift Box, Including Nationwide Delivery (value up to €315)"

Its very carefully worded. Basically if one box contained €315 of stuff then they haven't lied. Your an awful eejit if you thought you'd get €315 worth of stuff for €35.

Also you should be complaining to the actual box company, not BiteABargain.ie. They are just a deals middleman. For the record, I have no connection to any of the companies involved, just my two cents.

Offer also said minimum value of €185 , my fake Ferrari watch with the price tag saying €99 doesn't cut it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

As mentioned previously the Consumer Issues forum is the best place for these kind of threads. Closing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement