Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powermat Wireless Charging Kits - Amazon - ~80% to ~94% Off - Free Delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

This looks like just the sort of impulse buy I need. Are these any good? or does the receiver bulk up your phone too much (I have a htc sensation, hp touchpad, ipod classic) wondering if anyone can recommend them or are they a novelty that is never used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Can't find many receivers around, Really wanted to get this myself till I saw it doesn't fit the Galaxy S series

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Postage & Packing: £5.79

You've to spend so much for free delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

English postcode trick will give you free shipping.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

NoelDoran wrote: »
    English postcode trick will give you free shipping.....

How does that work?

Add a new address to your amazon address book, put your full address in the first 2 lines (inc Ireland) of the new address and use UK as country and BT11AA as postcode...

This will work for amazon (anything under £25) as well as third party sellers, note some third party sellers charge for delivery to UK but its can be substantially less than what they charge to Ireland

Also works for HMV, Zavvi, Play.com (no more getting ripped of by plays outrageous exchange rate) as well as more that i cant think of off the top of my head.

Add a new address to your amazon address book, put your full address in the first 2 lines (inc Ireland) of the new address and use UK as country and BT11AA as postcode...

This will work for amazon (anything under £25) as well as third party sellers, note some third party sellers charge for delivery to UK but its can be substantially less than what they charge to Ireland

Also works for HMV, Zavvi, Play.com (no more getting ripped of by plays outrageous exchange rate) as well as more that i cant think of off the top of my head.

Ok, just put my full address on the 1st two lines, but it still made me to fill in the 'Town' and 'County' fields. So now my address looks like:

My Name,
    My House and street,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    Ireland,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    BT11AA,
    United Kingdom

Surely they won't send anything to that address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Ok, just put my full address on the 1st two lines, but it still made me to fill in the 'Town' and 'County' fields. So now my address looks like:

My Name,
    My House and street,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    Ireland,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    BT11AA,
    United Kingdom

Your choice, you can take out thé first midleton and cork or leave them in, and it will get to you....

• Advertisement

Your choice, you can take out thé first midleton and cork or leave them in, and it will get to you....

Interesting. I notice that it's now letting me add items to my basket which it previously said could not be dispatched to an Irish address. Will those items actually get through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Still waiting for the galaxy s3 powermat from zens, was due out last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Skatedude wrote: »
    Still waiting for the galaxy s3 powermat from zens, was due out last month

http://www.duracellpowermat.com/wireless-power-cases/galaxys3.html

Might be able to order it from there..

Edit: Just google Zens and it looks like a much neater case.. Is the Zens case compatible with powermat? If so I might pick up the powermat and wait for the Zens case to start shiiping..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sorry I've never heard of these things but those prices look amazing.

What the hell do they do though?

You stick the cover on the phone and when you want to charge it you just place it on the mat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

It's not very well done.

There's a fairly hefty case for the iPods and non standard devices have a adaptor wire from their charging port to the powermat block.

At first I thought you could just throw any device on it and it'd charge away, but unfortunately not.

It'll be a few more years till these are available:http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wireless_electricity.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

How do these work? Do i just place my iphone on it and it charges? :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

mcw92 wrote: »
    How do these work? Do i just place my iphone on it and it charges? :S

U buy a powermat case for your phone and then u can place your phone on it and it charges...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

This kind of sucks, the only cases there is for the iPhone, everything else i'd have to use that gammy usb charging thing that I have to plugin anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone know if these are Qi compatible?
    I would pick one up for my Nexus 4 if it is.

Edit: Looks like its not Qi compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

This kind of sucks, the only cases there is for the iPhone, everything else i'd have to use that gammy usb charging thing that I have to plugin anyway :rolleyes:

Starbucks Boston were trialling the mats in November when I was there. So if more places adopt them all you would need is the connector for your phone. Then you would potentially be able to charge on the go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

teddy b123 wrote: »
    You stick the cover on the phone and when you want to charge it you just place it on the mat!

Am I right in reading that the Powermat Wireless Charging Receiver Case For iPhone 4 & 4s to go with this mat is GBP16.95 plus delivery ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

My Name,
    My House and street,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    Ireland,
    Midleton,
    Co. Cork,
    BT11AA,
    United Kingdom

How did you get on with that order?

Did it get to you ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thought the Galaxy S3 had wireless charging built in? Does that not mean it shouldn't need a cover etc and should just work with the mat alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Thought the Galaxy S3 had wireless charging built in? Does that not mean it shouldn't need a cover etc and should just work with the mat alone?

It has the internal contacts for wireless charging but it needs a new back cover as well as the mat to enable it.

Advertisement