Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currency Fair - Query

Options
  • 27-12-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have set up my CF A/C and am trying to transfer money from AIB A/C to CF.
    I added CF as a payee to my AIB A/C & transferred X money. When I went to CF A/C it says pending - Is this normally what happens or am I doing something wrong. How do u know when the funds are in the CF A/C

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

There is a Sticky for FAQ at the top of the page and also been a good few queries about Currency Fair before, if you do a forum search it should lead you to what you want, here is the page from the FAQ, hope it helps.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76408971

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭e04bf0c8

yeah this is normal. I use CF a lot and once I do the transfer from my bank account usually it appears in my CF A/C within one business day. Then once you do the exchange and transfer it out it usually takes one business day again to appear in the final A/C.

Just as a tip unless you are ultra desperate for the money I wouldn't bother with the priority transfer. the longest it has ever taken for me was just over a day for it to appear in the final A/C.

Really cant recommend CF enough to everyone. Coming home for the Christmas it has been an absolute lifesaver. Even though I had to do several transfers over the last few weeks (Christmas excess and all that!!) it has still cost me less than transferring one big lump sum through the banks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

They'll send you an email once the funds clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I have set up my CF A/C and am trying to transfer money from AIB A/C to CF.
    I added CF as a payee to my AIB A/C & transferred X money. When I went to CF A/C it says pending - Is this normally what happens or am I doing something wrong. How do u know when the funds are in the CF A/C

All help appreciated

Normally takes 24 hours to clear, but it took 3 days for me once so I wouldn't worry about it, especially with this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Sorry for the thread hijack but is currency fair working for anyone?

I keep getting the market is closed message and will reopen at 23:00 GMT Sunday. Now unless I'm living in a parallel universes, that time has been and passed. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Sorry for the thread hijack but is currency fair working for anyone?

I keep getting the market is closed message and will reopen at 23:00 GMT Sunday. Now unless I'm living in a parallel universes, that time has been and passed. :confused:

Just spotted on their site, trades and market place are open 1st Jan at 23:00 GMT.

Advertisement