Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pramerica interview 6 weeks ago

Options
  • 27-12-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    I had a great interview with pramerica 6 weeks ago, very nice and positive people. I got feedback from the recruiter that I did very well. I have however still not heard anything else since. The recruiter does not know anything either and does not seem very interested. It seems that they are used to this of kind non-communication from HR at pramerica. Anyone know if this is normal practice for Pramerica to take a few weeks time. Or, should I not expect to be called back for 2nds. Am really keen to work for them, however will have to accept another offer, since I have not had anymore news. Thanks for any reply, much appreciated!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Vinegar Hill

I think it would be safe to assume your application was not successful. I would take the other job offer at this point.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Hi Hope67,

I was in a similar position with this Company myself last year. This was actually after a very rushed 2nd interview that went really well. I got lots of positive feedback initially and then did not hear anything for weeks. Then I got a phone call asking me if I was still "available" and I told them yes, of course I was but that I would appreciate knowing one way or the other as soon as possible. Three days later I was emailed an automated rejection (with no punctuation!). Whole process took 3 months or so from first phone call.

Honestly, I have never experienced this kind of recruitment process before but with the "recession", basically any Company can treat you as they like because most people are in desperate need for the work.

Good Luck with your new opportunity and I hope it all works out for you.

SMcDDB

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hope67

Thanks, I thought the same! Much appreciated. Hope

Hi SMcDDB,

yes, that sounds familiar. I applied with them and heard nothing for almost 2 months, then out of the blue I was also "rushed" to my interview. However, this was a very good positive experience! And, it did get my hops up after receiving feedback that I did " very well". Now, I have put this one out of my mind and decided on another oportunity. It is such a shame, that companies do not consider how they actually affect a person when not being open and straight with a potential candidate.

Oh, well. I myself have worked in Senior Management for over 10 years and always ensured that I consider how my actions & the companies actions I worked for, affect people & staff. I guess I must be too much of an idealist, however I still very strongly believe this is the only good way to operate and I will continue to do so. It does not matter if you are a small or huge business, a good & structured recruitment policy will relflect on your business.

Thanks again SMcDBB hope all has turned out well for you.
    Warm regards,
    Hope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

They were really weird when I applied. They were very pushy about getting me in for an interview but it was for a shift work job with a 30 minute commute and only for a couple thousand more than I'm already on for a nominally 9-5 on my doorstep. It wasn't even a full position, it was a six month trial with no guarantee of a job at the end. I never bothered going for an interview so politely declined all the e-mails I received. I've never had that from any other company, most of the time you're lucky to get a response at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

They were really weird when I applied. They were very pushy about getting me in for an interview but it was for a shift work job with a 30 minute commute and only for a couple thousand more than I'm already on for a nominally 9-5 on my doorstep. It wasn't even a full position, it was a six month trial with no guarantee of a job at the end. I never bothered going for an interview so politely declined all the e-mails I received. I've never had that from any other company, most of the time you're lucky to get a response at all.

I always found that most of the bigger firms would put you on a six month trial. It is kind of standard I thought unless you really mess up you have a job at the end of 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

rafa05 wrote: »
    I always found that most of the bigger firms would put you on a six month trial. It is kind of standard I thought unless you really mess up you have a job at the end of 6 months?

Thats the way United HealthCare (pacificare) is but from what my old housemate told me Pramerica are more of a rolling contract kinda thing of 6-8 months.

Obviously it doesn't apply for every job up there though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

I had an interview at Pramerica, the first thing said to me at the interview was "every applicant/interviewee will get full feedback".

I never heard a word from them, lowest of the low

Thanks for all your input guys! I have now accepted another job offer and started. The job is going great!!! I still think Pramerica would have been a good place to work at, I have only heard good things about them.

Oh, well. Just not ment to be!

Take care everyone.
    Hope
    :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I suppose I'll add my two cents, I applied to Pramerica for a call center intern position. They were very quick to get me in for an interview and (rightfully so) didn't give me the position. They did ring me again a week later with a different internship position (Automation Engineer) and I got the place. Also got a permanent contract later for the same post :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement