Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Priory (Sarah Curran's home) in Rathfarnham.

Options
  • 27-12-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any good (modern) stories about the ruins, in the Hermitage housing estate, which are from the original Priory house? Sarah Curran, Robert Emmet's sweetheart, lived there.

Any stories about ghosts or searching for secret passageways?

I've heard it's always been a popular spot for teenagers to hang out and drink?

Anyone know what happened to the slab marking the grave of Sarah's sister Gertrude?

I've written a history piece on The Priory but would love to beef it up with some contemporary recollections.

Cheers.

Link: http://comeheretome.com/2012/12/27/from-grandeur-to-ruin-the-story-of-sarah-currans-home-in-rathfarnham/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mrsbananas

What a beautiful piece! I grew up down the road from there and used to hang around 'the ruins' in the early '90's. Love the story of robert and Sarah. You've just reminded me to go back and read 'thread softly on my dreams'
    I've subscribed to your blog, as I'd love to read more like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The Sarah Curran is a sh1thole! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    The Sarah Curran is a sh1thole! :pac:

Idiot it's not the bar, try reading the post and link.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

ted1 wrote: »
    Idiot it's not the bar, try reading the post and link.

I was kidding man.

I'm not the sort to report for personal abuse but I could if I wanted. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I was kidding man.

I'm not the sort to report for personal abuse but I could if I wanted. ;)

I got the joke!

Perhaps helped from my sister having worked in said ****hole for a few years :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pink Fox

'Tread Softly On My Dreams' by Gretta Curran Browne is one of my favourite books. I think it would make a wonderful film or mini series. One of the few books that ever made me cry, the end was so sad.

Advertisement