Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macaroons

• 27-12-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a bakery in Limerick that does macaroons? I'd love to get some for my mum for her birthday but I can't find them anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭redrums

The cornstore shop across from cornstore restaurant on thomas street sells them got them there a few times a bit small but tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Oh, thanks redrums! I thought they closed down but maybe they re-opened, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

I have had one at the small bakery/coffee in Arthur's Quay called Fine Things. It was 2 or 3 months ago so I don't know if they still do them, but it was good. If they no longer have them, maybe they can do some for you if you ask in advance(?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Jack Monday's in Thomondgate, my friend got me some for Christmas, he put them in a box with a ribbon around them (but he got his in Galway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

fredo1664 wrote: »
    I have had one at the small bakery/coffee in Arthur's Quay called Fine Things. It was 2 or 3 months ago so I don't know if they still do them, but it was good. If they no longer have them, maybe they can do some for you if you ask in advance(?).
    they have them regularly, tasty too.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone - I have a couple of places to check so tomorrow. Much obliged!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

boomerang wrote: »
    Thanks everyone - I have a couple of places to check so tomorrow. Much obliged!
    Dunnes Stores jetland also have some in the Health food aisle (gluten free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Olio & Farino in Little Catherine Street do them. €5 for 6 or €9 for 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Actually, did you mean coconut little cakes, or sugar and eggwhite sweets/cakes that look like sweet burgers made from coloured meringues. For lack of a better description.

I assumed the latter, which are technically macarons (french accent, roll that R), but are commonly, incorrectly referred to as macaroons.

Macaroons of the coconut variety are easy to get (quality varies tho), which is why I assumed you were looking for macaron.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Oh, that's interesting. What I had in Fine Things was a French Macaron, not a coconut macaroon. I checked today and they had plenty of macarons. I didn't check for macaroons though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

danes bakery on william street do them :) yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJw9o-gAcBbeaAywqQtfvPcJV865G4hmlnz3XNrsgeLXpxFzc-Vw if its these you're looking for then only place to go is La Cacina in Castletroy, best macarons in Limerick!

Didn't realise La Cucina, the Danes and O&F do them too! What a great little city we live in. :D

I got some in the Country Basket on Thomas Street yesterday but they only had raspberry or cranberry ones. Will check out La Cucina as well!

They have them in Fine Things but at sit-down prices so they're more than €2 each there. I think I paid €1.25 each for them in the Country Basket.

(PS Yep it was macarons I was looking for, not macaroons - my mistake!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

boomerang wrote: »
    Didn't realise La Cucina, the Danes and O&F do them too! What a great little city we live in. :D

I got some in the Country Basket on Thomas Street yesterday but they only had raspberry or cranberry ones. Will check out La Cucina as well!

They have them in Fine Things but at sit-down prices so they're more than €2 each there. I think I paid €1.25 each for them in the Country Basket.

(PS Yep it was macarons I was looking for, not macaroons - my mistake!)

i have a box of ready mix macarons i picked up in france if its any good to yu

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Cooking show on BBC 1 now, Baking made easy, lady is making macarons but alternates between calling them macaroons and macarons

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

You could try this lady, she'll make anything you like and her stuff is to die for! Get all our cakes for occasions from her and often get cupcakes etc too.

https://www.facebook.com/claires.cakes.77?fref=ts

Advertisement