Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Note 2 not responding when plugged into car dock

Options
  • 27-12-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've bought a Fix2Car Active Car Dock for my shiny, new Galaxy Note 2.

When I place the phone into the dock, attached to the car cigarette lighter, the screen will not respond to any touches. The hard buttons continue to work (on/ off; volume up/ down) along with the soft buttons (menu and back) buttons - but the menus generated by pressing these buttons do not respond.

I should also add that the screen will update - i.e. clock time will change; phone signal & wifi notifications change - not sure if that is significant?

I have plugged a USB cigarette charger into the socket, and the phone operates as expected. Also if I leave the phone in the dock, but unplugged from the car lighter, it works as expected.

I'm very confused - I've googled, and found no other similar scenarios - does anyone have any suggestions, as to what could be the issue?

I should add that when plugged in the car, the cigarette lighter power indicator is lit, indicating the socket is powered.

Thanks in advance,

SparrowHawk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

*Bump*
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Incompatible charger. As when i had my Galaxy S 2 and I lost the charger I purchased a Nokia micro usb charger and the same symptons you described happened and as soon as I unpluged it the screen woked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭SparrowHawk

Thanks for the reply wotzgoingon - I thought as much, even though it is sold as specifically for the Note 2 :-(

Ah well, back to the retailer it goes... buying one of these instead.

Advertisement