Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Jizzler Awards Ceremony 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

For being a n00b?

He wasn't as much of a n00b as his username would have you believe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

BEST POSTER

This one shines a light upon the users who have made the forum what it is – a forum. Previous winners include QueenOfLeon and Fad.

THE CONTENDERS:

6th - Duffy the Vampire Slayer / Slow Show / Suidivad / _meehan_ (Suidivad deserves better)

5th – Cakes. / Colm! / Jhcx / Screaminmidget / soccymonster (each scoring 3.3%)

4th - Davidius / deise_girl / JamJamJamJam (getting 6.6% each were two old-schoolers and the user most likely to cause sudden salivation)

3rd Securing one-fifth of the vote is Team P: Palytoxin / PseudoFamous

2ndFinishing second with a cool 20%.. it’s the wnolan1992

1st – (23.33%) Thus, winning by a mere one vote, the Jizzler for Best Poster goes to some guy called jefreywithonef

surprised-black-spider-monkey-funny-animal-picture.jpg

poster.jpg

Eh, thanks! (I swear I didn’t rig this...)

Congratulations jefrey!

There, you've won. Can you release my family now?

Best Playpen Intro

Let me introduce you TO THIS AWARD. Ahem.

4th - Cakes. for AtomicKoala / Screaminmidget for PseudoFamous

3rdhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79649532&postcount=1 Eathrin for Togepi

2ndhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81412383&postcount=1 PseudoFamous for Davidius

1sthere and here
    Davidius for Davidius II / JamJamJamJam for JamJamJamJam

Well done chaps! Have some shiny sigs.

playpenintro2.jpg

playpenintro1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Please ignore the fact that that PlayPen was over a year ago.

• Advertisement

BEST PLAYPEN ANSWERS

4th - (0, 0%) AtomicKoala

3rd – (1, 4.35%): mmmm Cakes

2nd – (6, 26.09%): This guy even did pictures! PseudoFamous

1st – It couldn’t have been anyone else could it? So good he’s been booked for a full fookin' year! It’s The PlayPen Playa Davidius

You'll find his chortle-inducing thread stickied at the top of the forum.

answers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Needs more Graph.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm on the edge of my seat here lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Meh, last years Awards were better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Oh you guys!! I feel so special!! <3

• Advertisement

Best jumpguy

2106626-smiling-dynamic-businessman-jumping-with-briefcase-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

THE ONE WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR. THAT'S RIGHT. Best jumpguy! Einstein was known for his intellect, Van Gough for his paintings and missing ear, Pele for his ability to kick a football very well. jumpguy, of course, is known for his jumping. Growing up he caused his family all sorts of problems by his constant jumping about, whether it was in the womb, in the house, in puddles, or on trampolines. He also troubled birds and low-flying UFOs by bumping into them. But eventually everyone grew to love him. As did we. Why do we have an award about him then? Cos he's jumpguy, stupid.

Here we go.

6th Place (0, 0%):
    deise_girl / jefreywithonef / PseudoFamous / wnolan1992

(Darn it, I was hoping I'd win this.)

5th Place (1, 4%):
    Insect Overlord / Suividad

4th Place (2, 8%):
    bluejaymiraz

3rd – (4, 16%): Ah come on guys, not even good enough for Best jumpguy? Duffy The Vampire Slayer

2nd – (5, 20%) jumpguy so close to clinching his first Jizzler.. Some day. Some day.
    jumpguy / soccymonster

1st – (7, 28%) Golly gosh! It’s the girl who is actually planning on doing the same course in the same college as our beloved jumpguy! She truly deserves this – the winner for Best jumpguy is.....Slow Show

Well done!
    jumpguy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Well done Slow Show, you have rightly outdone me at being better at being me. True dedication is what I witnessed, as you blossomed into a most wonderful jumpguy.

A wonderful awards ceremony Monzo, hats off to you sir. I really liked how the text size got bigger until we reached the winner. It was kinda trippy man.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry I'm late, folks! Have I missed the orgy?

decisions wrote: »

Who in the hell are you?! Whippersnappers these days probably weren't even around for the jizzler's amazing thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Sorry I'm late, folks! Have I missed the orgy?

Yes.

decisions wrote: »

Oh yeah?

Well you have bad hair!

Nerdiest Poster
    The award for having the most intelligence.

Benjamin,_Doug,_and_Gary.gif
    Atomic, deise and Duffy.

5th (0, 0%):
    Colm!

4th - (1, 3.85%):
    Palytoxin / soccymonster / wnolan1992

3rd - (2, 7.69%):
    AtomicKoala / deise_girl / Duffy the Vampire Slayer (Duffy was robbed)

2nd - (4, 15.38%):
    Jackobyte / Slow Show (unlucky, Leaving Certers)

Winner (9, 34.62%):
    Davidius

Haha nerd!

nerd.jpg

086.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

The #jizzler IRC is where it's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Oh yeah?

Well you have bad hair!

I do yeh, need to get it cut.

Niceguy Award for Nicest Poster

tumblr_m8fzhu63Am1qhsyf1.jpg

A lot of nice friendly users on the board - who is always willing to lend a shoulder / dish out a :) face / be uber-friendly?

6th Place (0, 0%):
    AtomicKoala / Colm! / shadowninty / Togepi

5th Place (1, 3.23%):
    Geekness1234 / HandsomeDivil / IHeartChemistry / Jackobyte / Pigwidgeon / PseudoFamous / QueenOfLeon (Pseudo surprisingly low.) (:) faces for all.)

4th Place (2, 6.45%):
    anirishlad / Duffy the Vampire Slayer (Duffy was robbed.) (Nice chappies.)

3rd Place (3, 9.68%): These guys sure are nice! :)
    Aoifey! / JamJamJamJam / Luno

2nd Place (4, 12.90%): She really is nice! :)
    _meehan_

1st - (7, 22.58%): d'awww it's that big soft thing from The Den:
    soccymonster

Well done, you!
    nice.jpg

• Advertisement

Funniest Poster

bunny_comedian_351045.jpg

Next we discover who the biggest thanks whore is. The comedian at the back of the class. The cheeky chappy. That guy who does make funnies. The jester of the.. era.

6th Place (0, 0%):
    Agnostic Mantis / flyswatter / JamJamJamJam / PseudoFamous / Screaminmidget (Duffy was robbed.)

5th Place (1, 3.57%):
    deise_girl / Pigwidgeon / Suividad

4th Place (3, 10.71%):
    Namlub

3rd Place (5, 17.86%): Want to hear a funny drunken story? Ask
    soccymonster

2nd - (7, 25%) The main man who won it last year and really should have won it this year, the mega-loller: Davidius

1st - (10, 35.71%) it's this chap with the irregular name
    jefreywithonef

Well done jefrey you fertile beast.

I mean -
    funny-black-man-surprised-face.jpg

funniestposter-1.jpg

I'll send the money over on PayPal later wnolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Pah, that jefreywithonef chap has nothing on Monzo. Or Mondo. God, I miss those guys... >.>

I'll send the money over on PayPal later wnolan.

Bribes in cash only please you nOOb. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Woo I didn't miss them all!

:D

I apologise for taking ages lads. My fingers are shíte.

Most Likely to Be President One Day

barack_obama_frown.jpg

Who is most presidential basically? i.e. who has the least dirt on them? Feel free to post any dirt if you have some.

6th - (0, 0%):
    Bazinga_N / Duffy the Vampire Slayer / PseudoFamous / _meehan_ (Duffy was robbed.)

5th - (1, 3.57%):
    AtomicKoala / Lawliet

4th - (2, 7.14%) Most likely to become president of a Radiohead fan club:
    Aoibheann / Slow Show

3rd Place (3, 10.71%): A great bunch of lads these. Maybe they'll become TDs.
    deise_girl / Jhcx / tradoburns

2nd Place (4, 14.29%): Did you know that Cakes is friends with a senator? And that soccy is friends with Cakes which kinda means she's associated with a senator?
    Cakes. / soccymonster

Winner (5, 17.86%): We have a weiner winner. Taking home home his second of the night and repeating last year's success, it's surely the President-elect
    Colm!

Well done sir!

pres.jpg

Michael-D-Higgins-Ireland-007.jpg
    (Picture of future Colm!.)

Ladies and Gentlemen. Children and Babies. Eggs and... *whisper whisper whisper* what do you mean this has to be PG?! What about the banana joke?? This is ridiculous, you'll be hearing from my agent about this Lawliet...

AHEM! Ladies and Gentlemen of C&H. I come before you here tonight not as an equal. Oh no. not at all. I come here tonight as an alumni. As your superior. A man who once called this very forum his home. Back then we had to mail our messages into boards headquarters and they would put it up on the site. It was a time of oppressive Overlords and quick lived Fads. Facetious Fairies and a Neurotic poster.

Among us, lived a beard. A beard, with an amazing man attached to it. Such was this beard that it lived in the hearts and minds of us all. We both LOVED the beard... and FEARED it. A fear'd. And such was the strength and power of this beard that when the so called "best beard" award popped up in 2010 and 2011, people felt it would be unfair on the nation if this beard was included in the competition as not only would it easily take the award, but it would also win every other accolade at the event. Even best Jumpguy... That beard was one hell of a jumpguy!

Sadly, the days of that beard have come to an end. The power and pure sexification of that beard was so, that it self imploded, and took the poor soul of the man attached to it. To this day people say that the beard and it's man still roam the earth in spirit, helping the beard of every man to grow that extra bit bigger. That extra bit more awesome.

That beard's man was Pygmalion, and we honour him tonight with this award for BEST beard!

kzZvcl.jpg

Congrats on the win buddy, well deserved after all these years :)

beardpyg-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I had no idea this was happening but may I be the first to say it is a joke that I did not win best newcomer. I am glaring at all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

OMG SOMEONE VOTED FOR ME

Thank you kind stranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

*ahem*

Well lads, I'm going to take over from our magnificent host (though Monzo would've been a better one) for a moment to present the most important award of the night: The Lifetime Achievement Award (GET HYPE!).

I don't think there was ever any contest for the Lifetime Achievement Award this year. Pygmalion was, without a doubt, one of the greatest posters C&H - if not boards... if not THE ENTIRE INTERNET - has ever seen. He was the first person I ever spoke to in C&H and since that moment on, he never failed to amuse me and anyone around him.

I was lucky to have had the pleasure of speaking to Pygmalion many many times both online and IRL over the course of the 2 years since I joined C&H until his passing away earlier this year. I know there are many posters here who never knew Pygmalion and all I can say is that ye sorely missed out on knowing a complete legend.

Pygmalion's disappearance in February of this year sparked a reaction from the boards community the likes of which had never been seen before. His situation touched everyone who heard about it - people who had never even come across him were desperate to do what they could in helping to find him. In the saddest circumstances, we all bound together to help however we could. Unfortunately, it was already too late. It seemed so unreal and it still does. How can this person, who I talk to everytime I log onto IRC or bump into on DCU campus, no longer be there? I, like many, was angry, saddened, frustrated and most of all, absolutely devastated. Life can be so very cruel.

But Pyggy wouldn't want us to remember the sad stuff. He was a masterful troll and his antics always brought a smile to my face. I direct you to his Playpen thread from way back in 2010, a prime example of his wit and humour. Even now, I can't help but laugh out loud when I read some of his posts.

Pygmalion, we miss you so much. You were and always will be a legend to us. And so, I present to the late Paul Bunbury (aka Pygmalion/Pyggy/Pyg), the Jizzler for C&H Lifetime Achievement Award!

lifetimeaward.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I haven't been on C&H for many years, but I am happy to see this award being given to Pyg. It may seem like a silly thing, but it's important that we all remember him. I never got to meet him in person, but he was one of the most memorable posters on this board. The community that this board fosters is remarkable, how we can feel so close to someone we've never met in person. I have no doubt that it's been still like this in my absence, and will continue to be.

Advertisement