Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lathes - Which Type

Options
  • 27-12-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've been looking at lathes for the past few weeks and my head is in a mess.

I am looking for something that I can machine BMS into 10mm plates. I'll be doing it after work and hoping to do approx 300 of these 10mm plates. I have been using a Colchester at work and it does the job nicely.

However i need something cheap as it is from my own pocket and I have seen plenty of mini-lathes that look ideal for what I do.

Lets say I have €500, I can get a mini-lathe from the UK (used - like new) which looks like it will machine BMS according to google and youtube. Been a total ameture I might be 100% wrong, which is why I need your advice.

Can anyone recommend a Lathe or do you know of someone in Ireland who wants to shift one?

Comments

Advertisement