Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder/handyman in celbridge

Options
  • 27-12-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend somebody for some small to medium work? Nothing major, looking to have a back boiler removed and replaced with a standard fireback open fire.

Looking for somebody that will be interested in the job and show up, preferably daily rate.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

for a small job like hanging curtains or unblocking a drain a handy man is great and will save you money, but for something like the job you described you will be far better getting a registered builder with a history and experience,, they will have professional tools to do the job faster so will be better than paying a handy man a day rate and will stand over there work,, get a price off them for them completed job, its only a day or less work what you have described, have had done it before in houses we maintain, its a messy job, needs two people as the back boiler ways a tonne. I maintain the a few houses and estates in celbridge area and we give all that type of work to another celbridge based company, if you pm me i'll give you a contact number for them, i have used other companies also in celbridge over the past 30years but always go back to same lads again and again,, if i can give you some further advice on fires, it would be to put in a stove rather than an open fire, there safer, open fire send 80% of its heat up the chimney,wasting money,, where as a stove send 80% of its heat into the house, saving money ,,they burn the fuel more effeciently, saving money ,, anyway pm me i'll give you there number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I've used onlinetradesmen.ie before for a job in Clane, al their people appear to be checked out, your mand did a decent job on my roof. I'd say stick a description of the job up there and check the ratings of the people who get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Im a construction manager, pm me with what the job entails and ill reccomend someone.. also your better off getting a fixed price... day rate can often wok out more expensive

Advertisement