Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Francisco?

Options
  • 27-12-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone, Ill be living in San Francisco from January to August, Ill be working in a business environment so I will need to be wearing a suit I was just wondering what types of clothes should I pack for working and casual stuff? Ive heard the weather isnt as hot as the rest of california but im not sure should I bring heavy clothes or what, any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Hi Everyone, Ill be living in San Francisco from January to August, Ill be working in a business environment so I will need to be wearing a suit I was just wondering what types of clothes should I pack for working and casual stuff? Ive heard the weather isnt as hot as the rest of california but im not sure should I bring heavy clothes or what, any help would be appreciated!

First of all with the exchange rate the way it is I'd wait and buy clothes when you arrive.

If thats possible. Are you certain about the suit? Even "business environments" can be pretty casual out here.

Temperatures in Jan should average around 55 degs maybe? And in July maybe 75? Something like that. In Jan, Feb and March the whole bay area will be similar temps but as summer approaches the south bay (silicon valley) is generally warmer.

What you've heard about SF not being as hot as elsewhere probably refers to the fog in the summer, but thats a very localized thing.

Do you have an apartment? Where's the job located? You'll need a car too.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Do you need someone to carry your luggage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

The city gets pretty cold, even in the summer months if the fog is in. I'd go with the other poster's advice of getting stuff when you're over there. But pack a couple of fleeces for the first couple of weeks.

Advertisement