Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and grey sleeve

Options
  • 27-12-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey there people,
    Looking to get sleeve done in next few weeks was just looking for some advice on where and who to go to ..... Looking for black and grey as detailed as possible with a Viking/ medieval theme! Any info or advice would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dougalmaguire

In Dublin by the way!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

All the standards will be happy to take the work on Zulu, Snakebite, Wildcat etc. And are all worth checking out for sure. But I thought I'd mention Devil's den too, think the guys name is Rob, he does a lot black and grey work and is quite popular amongst people who get heavy metal artwork tattoos, as a result he's done lots of celtic and sorta battle tattoos with warriors and all that good stuff so you might find he'll be quite enthusiastic about the piece. I dunno where the shop is but I think it's in the city. Best of luck with it. http://www.facebook.com/TheDevilsDenTattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Are you willing to travel?

Will defo check out devils den....I have no problem traveling once I it's the right artist for what I'm looking for! Where do u have in mind? Thanks for the input so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Robert Litcan, Dark Raptor in Kilkenny

• Advertisement

Yeah a second for Dark raptor, he slipped my mind. Awesome black and grey stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Has been pumping out quality work for some time now but not being Irish or working in dub doesn't get any recognition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OP take a look at Skin City been putting out great work lately. Also Joe Myler out of J.M.D's Body Art

Best bet op is to take a look at porfolios decide which one best suits what you have in mind then visit studios and see which one you feel most comfortable in is the one to go for.

@marty....
    Have been looking at skin city alright and must say have been very impressed with all artists portfolios in there so might drop in during the week and have a chat...any idea of the price per hour in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

@marty....
    Have been looking at skin city alright and must say have been very impressed with all artists portfolios in there so might drop in during the week and have a chat...any idea of the price per hour in there?

good tattos aint cheap and cheap tattoos aint good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

@marty....

About 100 an hour but they tend to just price for the session so it depends on what you're getting.

@marty....

Price wise it been a few months since I been there but all the artist charged 300 per sitting which can be from 4 to 5 hours was how they worked it, unless you went for Pawel who was a lil bit dearer at 350 a sitting, so all in all your getting very good work done at a very reasonable price in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Price wise it been a few months since I been there but all the artist charged 300 per sitting which can be from 4 to 5 hours was how they worked it, unless you went for Pawel who was a lil bit dearer at 350 a sitting, so all in all your getting very good work done at a very reasonable price in this day and age.

Reminds me of last time I was in, one of the lads was telling a story of a girl that came in wanting toget a smallish piece. So he has a look at the picture and says that it will be about 80.

She hums and haws for a minute and the says that 18 would be okay. They had to say it a couple of times before she got the price and then she stomped off in disbelief.

Orim wrote: »
    Reminds me of last time I was in, one of the lads was telling a story of a girl that came in wanting toget a smallish piece. So he has a look at the picture and says that it will be about 80.

She hums and haws for a minute and the says that 18 would be okay. They had to say it a couple of times before she got the price and then she stomped off in disbelief.

Sometimes artists really do need the patience of a saint, the last time I was in there there was a girl getting her first tattoo, a very small script along her wrist, it took her two hours of questioning everything from size, script style, price literally everything, now I know we all want our tattoos to be done right but she was being ridicilous for a tattoo that took no more than 15 minutes to do in which she winced and twitched like mad the whole time when it was being done, I felt sorry for Marcin she was doing my head in and I wasnt even dealing with her :o.

That's horrible. Some of the stories you get off artists are terrific alright. I remember Rob in Snakebite on about the guy who came in wanting a portrait of a dragon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

@marty....

Pawel is 100 per hour and Paulo is 70 or 80 per hour. That is as of a month ago.

I'm booked in with Pawel on January 31st, when I emailed they said there's about a 2 month waiting time for him, I think he is the best artist they have so I was happy to wait. He limits sittings to 4 hours at a time.

Advertisement