Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fed up

• 27-12-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

fed up of this crappy weather, all i want to do is get out for a spin:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

serious3 wrote: »

We did 440kms today to Waterford and back so what is stopping you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Get the gear on and head out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH, its not that bad at all serious. Whats really stopping you going out? Do you have the right gear? Do you have a decent set of tyres? Or is it confidence in the wet?

The more you get out in the wet the less you think about it eventually. It can be quite a nice ride even in the rain, once you have the kit. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I have to concur, my manager told to me head off at 12:00 as the clinic was dead. On the way home I thought it would be a lovely day for a spin. Texted a mate who I know since I was a kid but don't get to see much anymore . We had a great afternoon buzzing around. You will be a long time waiting for perfect weather over here, take the chances when they present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I went for a spin down to Leenane, back up along the Killary along some local back roads, round the roads out to Cleggan yesterday, roads a little damp but was not too bad

Heading into Galway tomorrow on the bike, now that will be fun :cool:

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been out a lot over the Christmas period.. Stephens day was a seven hour spin.. Yes the weather is dire and the days short but if you're with a bunch of lads you'll have the craic.

And without getting out on the bad days you won't appreciate the good days :D

I've been out a lot over the Christmas period.. Stephens day was a seven hour spin.. Yes the weather is dire and the days short but if you're with a bunch of lads you'll have the craic.

And without getting out on the bad days you won't appreciate the good days :D

Learnt a lot on bad days that has helped me on good days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

thecivvie wrote: »

Such as?.

Such as?.

reading the road better than I used it, controlling my speed (never been right hand heavy) and getting decent gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

reading the road better than I used it, controlling my speed (never been right hand heavy) and getting decent gear

Similarly, I learned to be a lot smoother with the throttle and the brakes. Initially I had issues with the front skidding out under braking or the rear spinning up coming out of corners etc. Riding in a downpour or two doesn't do anyone any harm.

And there's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong gear. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Riding in the wet is the best way of learning about grip, braking etc, not the most pleasant thing to do though.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

it doesnt rain 24/7, just go when its not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

NinjaK wrote: »
    it doesnt rain 24/7, just go when its not

This is Ireland, if it's not raining it's either getting ready to do so or you're somewhere else ;)

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

I've only been riding for 15 months, but I've never let the weather stop me going out...have decent gear too, and have never gotton cold or wet.

And the wet has never caused me any near misses...starting to think I'm not taking enough risks!

The only weather that stops me going out is snow/ice/heavy frost. But it's definitely not as enjoyable going out in the rain as a dry day.
    Really windy today, that's probably the next worse weather condition after ice for me. Especially on an exposed motorway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

ok then..... seems i'm being a little bit of a wimp then!!! i'm lacking confidence in the wet alright and theres only way to combat that!!! oh and civvie let me know when you next out this way for a spin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

ok then..... seems i'm being a little bit of a wimp then!!! i'm lacking confidence in the wet alright and theres only way to combat that!!! oh and civvie let me know when you next out this way for a spin ;)

You're not being a wimp man, you're being nervous and over-cautious. Most (if not all) riders are like that at some stage. I'm about 7/8 years on bikes and it's only recently I feel a bit more comfortable in the wet. But you're right, there's only one way to combat it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Been sick since last Friday on a few diferent tablets and not allowed to operate any machinery until I am off them, what I wouldn't give to be able to go out for a a spin even right now, never mind the weather lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Parked the bike in my Mums shed on Christmas eve as I knew I'd be going nowhere for a few days. Working in the morning so picked it up again this evening. Glad to be back! Thats the longest I've gone without a bike in 6 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Went out today to see pick up some parts and sun-burned the backs of my hands.......

Ireland Is just fine if you get really warm waterproof gear. (Must cover neck)

• Advertisement

well its sunny and light winds here so i'm gonna head out on the bike later:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Been sick since last Friday on a few diferent tablets and not allowed to operate any machinery until I am off them, what I wouldn't give to be able to go out for a a spin even right now, never mind the weather lad!

fooking same as...id fecking love to be out on the bike now!!!

well i went out and learned a lot today, hailstones are fun and bounce off, i need a helmet with pinlock, my front tyre is ****e, sheep are dumb:D

well i went out and learned a lot today, hailstones are fun and bounce off, i need a helmet with pinlock, my front tyre is ****e, sheep are dumb:D

Get a clear vision insert, as good as a pinlock, think they are the same thing basically. Sheep, I had one jump onto the bike on the r344 (inagh valley) scared the life out of me

where will i get one of them clear vision inserts? are they universal fit? went from clifden to wesport, castlebar to ballinrobe and clonbur, cornamona, maam cross and home. wet and windy!!!

where will i get one of them clear vision inserts? are they universal fit? went from clifden to wesport, castlebar to ballinrobe and clonbur, cornamona, maam cross and home. wet and windy!!!

Sorry it is fine vision. I bought mine in the uk, but crossans do it http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/Product_Catalogue_Antifog_Inserts_977.html I came into Galway this morning and just past Moycullen my light switch played up, thankfully was able to creep into town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If it is lashing out just go out around local...dont have to go on roads you dont know. Then the more you get out in the pissy weather the more relaxed you will get. Glad you got out and about m8......maybe we see you on a few Sunday Spins.

thanks for that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There were weather warnings for CARS in the West today never mind bikes!! (high winds)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Hailstones are sore if you're going fast!

Advertisement