Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Options
  • 28-12-2012 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭

I just got a new Windows 8 laptop for christmas and I've ran into a problem :( Every now and then it restarts itself and says SYSTEM_SERVIVE_EXCEPTION. I know nothing about computers and need help. What does this mean and how do I stop it? It's a HP Pavilion g6 if that helps.

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I just got a new Windows 8 laptop for christmas and I've ran into a problem :( Every now and then it restarts itself and says SYSTEM_SERVIVE_EXCEPTION. I know nothing about computers and need help. What does this mean and how do I stop it? It's a HP Pavilion g6 if that helps.

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

What file do u run when this happens how long would u get before running into this error,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Cork24 wrote: »
    What file do u run when this happens how long would u get before running into this error,

It's happened twice and both times I've just been surfing the net with Google Chrome. I'd get about 15 mins before it happens (if it happens).

It's happened twice and both times I've just been surfing the net with Google Chrome. I'd get about 15 mins before it happens (if it happens).

Try surfing the net with Firefox for a while take note of sites you go onto, close down Firefox and open up chrome go to the same sites u were on with Firefox and see does it Happen again,

I would say chrome is the evil party here hitting some kind of exception while running, forcing your computer to restart, could be memory leak I would wonder

If it happens again just uninstall chrome and do a system defrag and a disk clean. That should slove your issue

I've only had it 2 days so there's nothing on it really so I decided to restore it to factory settings. It's been restoring for like 3 hours now :( is that normal??

I've only had it 2 days so there's nothing on it really so I decided to restore it to factory settings. It's been restoring for like 3 hours now :( is that normal??

That would be around normal or above but I had a case where it took a few hours to reset itself

Was your laptop a display model in the shop?

• Advertisement

Cork24 wrote: »

That would be around normal or above but I had a case where it took a few hours to reset itself

Was your laptop a display model in the shop?

Havent a clue. It was a present you see. Hope it's not fecked already :L

Ok so it's still doin the same thing 17 hours later. Pretty sure it's fecked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ok so it's still doin the same thing 17 hours later. Pretty sure it's fecked.

I'd return it, there is obviously something seriously wrong with it. It could be something simple like dodgy RAM, or something less simple like GPU/Motherboard failure,

Nick

I wasn't actually resetting at all. It was just restarting for all those hours. Turned it off and on again, now it says 'resetting your pc' with a percentage reading of how far along it's gone. I think it's ok now. :L

Advertisement