Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing from Rush - Paul Byrne

Options
  • 28-12-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks:

Paul Byrne has been missing from Rush since Christmas Day. Please keep an eye out. RTE News article here.

Thanks,

tHB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Hi Folks:

Paul Byrne has been missing from Rush since Christmas Day. Please keep an eye out. RTE News article here.

Thanks,

tHB
    The only pic I can find is one on Facebook . Are there any other ones. god I hope he's ok .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

any update on this lad? is he home? media hasn't mentioned it at all in over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Theres a poster up in Balbriggan garda station its a better pic than that one i think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hope he is found safe and well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

This one was going around FB might be a better photo.

563970_457258884337558_1738695915_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

no he's not home yet. please keep the word going

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is it just me or is this been kept very low key?? You'd imagine locals would be organizing searches etc and it would be in the papers and on the news everyday. Hope it ends well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this been kept very low key?? You'd imagine locals would be organizing searches etc and it would be in the papers and on the news everyday. Hope it ends well

True, I only heard about Paul's disappearance on this forum.
    I have not seen anything posted up around the town, have not seen any flyers or posters, nor have I heard anyone speak about him locally!

I sympathise with his family and friends and really hope he returns safe and sound soon.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

There was a renewed appeal in the fingal independent today also this photo is going around FB at the moment, it does seen a bit quite regarding organised searches :confused:

734138_4549670894048_1647275716_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Now a sticky in AH, those thread tend to generate public interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The rush needs you Facebook page has requests for help for a search this Saturday at noon. Starting at south beach car park AFAIR.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Dublin People Newspapers are publicising Saturday's search today on their Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/Dublinpeople
    His poor family must be distraught, hope he's found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Unfortunatley as yet there has been no sighting of Paul. I saw Civil defence out today along estuary. His family must be going through turmoil.

There have been a number of searchs for Paul. I saw the Gardái and what looked like coastguard out along the South beach and down towards Rogerstown about 29th/30th of December and again late last week. Also on the North beach over by cliffs, Ladys cove towards Drummanagh on 2 or 3 occasions. The Search and rescue helicopter has also being going along the shore line a few times last week. There are a lot of people who walk the beachs and cliffs so I think lots of people are looking out daily.

Rush has had a horrible few weeks and this week alone 4 funerals took place one of which was the tragic death of a young family man on holidays which has stunned and shocked the town like I have never seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It looks as though they may have found his remains, may he rest in peace if it is him.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/body-of-man-recovered-from-sea-585789.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Just read it in paper , has it been confirmed ?
    Even though I didn't know him or his family my heart is breaking for them.so very very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

cathy01 wrote: »
    Just read it in paper , has it been confirmed ?
    Even though I didn't know him or his family my heart is breaking for them.so very very sad.
    its not confirmed to be Paulie as yet although given the location its looking likely. tragic.

any confirmation on the body yet?

any confirmation on the body yet?

Sadly yes. Trace (The Missing Persons charity) have confirmed it is Paul.

RIP and condolences to his family.

• Advertisement

Sad end. RIP

God rest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Thanks to all who conducted searches, RNLI, Civil Defence, Gardai, and locals, sad end, but hope his family gets some comfort from the find RIP.

Advertisement