Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with UPC and Xbox Live Wirelessly

Options
  • 28-12-2012 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction with the problem I have.

Basically, for about the past month, I've been having serious connection problems wirelessly with my Xbox connecting to my UPC Modem. When I turn on the Xbox and the wireless adapter is in, it takes the guts of 2 mins to start up by trying to connect to the internet. Then, it won't be properly connected, an example being that if I go into my friends list, it takes a while to load up what games people are playing, and for a few minutes it will just say online beside their names. When I try to play EA games, the connection is so slow, that it won't allow me to connect with the server so I can't play unless I use a wired connection. When I do use a wired connection, I have no problem playing and the Xbox Live and all games run smoothly like they would have wirelessly a month ago.

The problem isn't the modem anyways as I have a PS3 in the exact same position as the Xbox which has no problem with wirelessly playing games.

Has anyone any ideas or is it something as simple as the Wireless Adapter being faulty?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Try logging into the router and changing the wifi channel to help improve it.

Or you could even change the security/encryption type to WEP(its likely on WPA/WPA2).

Its unlikely its a hardware issue. :o

Also you could setup port forwarding to help the xbox as this tends to improve the connection in general (wireless and cabled)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oddly enough having the exact same problem with a wired UPC for the last few days. Trying redownloading my profile right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Same with UPC, modem is right next to the Xbox! Tbh it's the crap modems :/ looking to get a better one off them atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah here UPC have been a joke for us over the last month, disconnecting 3 to 4 times a day over the whole network not just wireless, get on the phone to them and get them to fix you to one IP address range, i noticed we were hopping between 3 different address ranges, we would be on say 109.x.x.x then disconnect and when when it came back up we'd be on 89.x.x.x etc etc phone them, talk to the person for as long as is tolerable and ask to be put on to a network engineer, give them your info and they will see right away what the issue is.

Advertisement