Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1: Conference Round

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They are playing now.

Dave was winning 16-7 in the 2nd Q, its now Berty winning 17-16

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

They are playing now.

Dave was winning 16-7 in the 2nd Q, its now Berty winning 17-16

Man I'd love to able to watch other ppl's games

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah big time, its a definite win win in my book.. come on EA!

Dave gets a FG and is now up by 2 points, still the 3rd.

Another FG for Dave, he's now up by 5 points in the 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Nail biting stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Think berty won according to twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Chiefs won by 2

24-22

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Unlucky Dave,Congrats Berty.
    Now we have our superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If EA could set up Connected Careers in Madden 14 with some form of viewing suite to watch the games, but obviously not see play calling etc., without putting a stress on the network connection of the 2 lads in the match, they would absolutely revolutionise sports gaming.

...and make the Boards league way cool.

Edit: Congrats Berty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Berty ! Well played and deserved winner ! Your red zone D was excellent , kept me to field goals except for my first play ;)

I'm gutted tbh , I was 1 yard away from icing the game . 1 yard ! I had 6 turnovers and couldn't get it done ...

I couldn't stop a berty / santry Super Bowl !

There's always next season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So once again the jets go 16-0 and fail to win it all, different coach same old result....

Unlucky Dave.. Blame the injury!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Congrats Berty and commiserations Dave. Sounds like a cracker! Looking forward to igniting this old rivalry Bert!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Unlucky Dave.. Blame the injury!!!

I was tempted ......

Imagine what would have happened with two hands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Raoul

Well done berty. Unlucky dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Sorry for the delay in write up. The Gardai have been questioning me for the last hour over the robbery by the Chiefs of a game the Jets really should have won.

The '72 Dolphins can rest easy after the Jets perfect season was left in tatters in an absolute belter of a game. Myself and Dave practiced for hours against each other when M13 came out so we both knew each others games very well. I also know he is now a better player than me and my only hope was that his user skill was somewhat diminished by the two broken bones in his hand. So to the game.

Chiefs safe catch the kickoff. First play and Charles takes off 80 yards for a TD.
    Jets safe catch the kickoff. Sanchez throws an 80 yard bomb to Santonio Holmes for a TD.
    There are 18 seconds gone and the game is already 7-7 Wow !

Then the Jets defence took over. Chiefs struggle offensively and a couple of INTS ( my poor play / Daves great defence ) and the balance swung to the Jets. However the Chiefs held the Jets to 3 FGs by Rayner from 32,42 and 31 yards out. Chiefs get ball in final stages of the first half but only just make it into Jets territory. Chiefs call a timeout with 3 seconds left and attempt the 56 yard FG.....its good, HT Jets lead 16-10.

Chiefs finally get a interception of their own and Charles runs up through the middle 36 yards for a TD and somehow the Chiefs lead 17-16. Then we go back to Jets dominance again. Another Jet pick, a Chief fumble / Jet recovery. Jets are stopped again and again and have to settle for two more FG, from 37 and 29 yard to lead 22-17 at the end of 3.

Into Q4 and its still all Jets. Chiefs struggle to move the ball, Jets move it into Chiefs territory slowly and surely. Jets have to settle for another 40+ yard FG. However Dave did not know and failed to factor in the opposite wind effect ( the wind is really blowing the complete opposite of what is showing ) and the ball slides inches wide. Still no problem for Jets as they stop Chiefs again and with 4 minutes left are marching up the field. The two minute warning sounds. Jets have 3rd and inches in their own half. Chiefs have time outs but a 1st down would surely win the game. Greene is stopped and Jets punt.

Chiefs have 1:50, 2 timeouts and a long field to win the game. We wished each other luck and silence descended on the mics.

Chiefs move up the field with a mixture of runs and passes, time is slipping away, into Jets territory 1st and 10 and reach the Jets 12. One time out left, 18 seconds. Chiefs call pass, receiver is taken down at the 8, time out called. 12 seconds left. Chiefs call on their best player Charles and take a huge chance with a run, he is stopped at the 2, hurry up run up the the line, 5...4...3 about to snap the ball and Dave calls timeout, he is not happy that he can defend with what he has called.

Last play of the game. I had a couple of pass options but I ended up throwing to Dexter McCluster, who had dropped some passes earlier in the game. Dexter makes the catch as he crosses goal line he holds on this time and sends the Chiefs to the Superbowl.

I know in my heart that I robbed this game. There is no question that Dave was handicapped by his hand injury, some of the user skills he brings to the game were clearly absent. There were a couple of plays, in particular the 1st TD I would never have gotten if he was 100%. We talked afterwards and Dave was justifiably gutted to have lost. Had I lost a game like that I would have felt the exact same way. Nonetheless he was most gracious in defeat.

All I can say once again to Dave is hard luck, your day will come and I owe you a pint the next time we meet up as compensation for that robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Sounds like a cracker lads, congrats Berty

Advertisement