Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Date

• 28-12-2012 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

I have set up a Doodle poll where you can state your preferences for the draft date and time, we will go with the majority once it is plausible: http://www.doodle.com/pbawaphu8n9iepyt#table

To set out everything for you, after the Super Bowl, there is 5 stages.

Stage 1: Resignings (This is your last chance to resign the players in your team who's contract is up, you only get one shot so if you want to resign the player, you better make sure you offer him something he can't refuse)

Stage 2: FA Week 1 (This is the Free Agent carousel. All players who are free agents are up for grabs and you can make them offers. A player will not accept your offer straight away, he will weigh up his options and look at all offers and may also decide to delay another week to see if anyone else will join in.)

Stage 3: FA Week 2 (Same as week 1, some players may have signed for teams though)

Stage 4: FA Week 3 (Same as week 2)

Stage 5: FA Week 4 (Same as week 2)

And then it is draft time :)

Pre Season will then be 4 weeks and we will deal with that scheduling closer to the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Heli/Dave,

Could one of you PM Everyone to make sure they see this? I would but it's a pain only being able to send to five at a time!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep will do it in the morning Ben

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Voted, may need to change my votes though as another fran I'm in is drafting around the same time so hoping they won't clash!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Voted, away from the thursday morning for a few days so wednesday or before (apart from when i play football!)
    PMs sent apart from to

notalcy and Padraic M,for some reason they are listed as users on the PM system :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

This should be fun cos I know absolutely nothing about any players in the draft, scouted i think 2 players when i 1st took over the colts, never really bothered after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

From what I can remember scouting is not available during the Resignings stage or during the 1st round of Free Agency offers. It will be available after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Berty44 wrote: »
    From what I can remember scouting is not available during the Resignings stage or during the 1st round of Free Agency offers. It will be available after that.

these will be what i will be concentrating on i think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll wait until after Free Agency to do most of my scouting as you then know who you have resigned and who you have picked up in Free agency and know exactly who you need in the draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Voted, away from the thursday morning for a few days so wednesday or before (apart from when i play football!)
    PMs sent apart from to

notalcy and Padraic M,for some reason they are listed as users on the PM system :confused:
    That's strange, but no problem as I regular check on here

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    That's strange, but no problem as I regular check on here

Yeah same with me, haven't been able to post due to insane working hours but will vote when I get the chance

• Advertisement

Have we got a date for this Ben?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I didn't vote in the poll but I'll be fine with whatever the majority decide

Have we got a date for this Ben?

Not as of yet Heli, as it depends on when the Superbowl can finish.

Wednesday at 8:30 would be great and it suits the most, but we may not have enough time for all the advancements.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Hey guys! Im the unlucky sod who has to rescue the Seahawks next season! Really looking foward to playing and the draft. This is just to say hello and if you can add me to all relevant lists etc that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

How long are we going to draw other stages out before draft??

I'm away from Wednesday night to Sunday afternoon :(

So if the draft is on in that timeframe, I will trade away my picks

Hey guys! Im the unlucky sod who has to rescue the Seahawks next season! Really looking foward to playing and the draft. This is just to say hello and if you can add me to all relevant lists etc that'd be great.

Welcome mate... Seahawks are a decent team, good luck!

If the Superbowl can be played Friday night, I would offer this timeline to people:

Advance Friday night.

Resignings: Saturday-Sunday 6pm

FA Signings 1: Sunday 6pm-Monday 6pm

FA Signings 2: Monday 6pm-Tuesday 6pm

FA Signings 3: Tuesday 6pm-Wednesday 9am

Advancement to Draft for Scouting Purposes: Wednesday 9am

Draft Begins: Wednesday at 8:30 or 9

Can people let me know if they think these are ok? Thanks.

Damn you ben :pac:

Yes that works fine Ben apart from me missing the draft ...

Unless.. can you draft on CC?

Looks good, planning on doing the preseason or simming it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

At what point can i set a draft board? I might not be able to do wednesday

I think the CPU will just stock up on kickers for you, then you'll have them all, then everyone else will need to come cap in hand if their guy gets injured or retires.

Really looking forward to this off season and getting stuck into season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    At what point can i set a draft board? I might not be able to do wednesday

Not sure but probably not until the league is advanced to the superbowl. If the superbowl is on Friday, the draft will probably be a week after?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

From what I can remeber you can't actually set up a draft board as such. You have "Scouted" and "Unscouted" and I don't think you can put potential picks in any particular order like in previous versions.

You cannot draft on CC.

Can we not just have the Draft on Tuesday!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Can we not just have the Draft on Tuesday!?

Yeah if you want to skip FA signings and scouting!!

If the Superbowl can be played Friday night, I would offer this timeline to people:
    Play it thursday people!

Advance Friday Thursday night.

Resignings: thursday night-Saturday 6pm

FA Signings 1: Saturday 6pm-Sunday 6pm

FA Signings 2: Sunday 6pm - Monday 6pm

FA Signings 3: Monday 6pm - Tuesday 6pm

Advancement to Draft for Scouting Purposes: Tuesday 6:30pm!

Draft Begins: Tuesday 9pm

See.. the above is sorted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I think the the chiefs/jets game is thursday night so unless they play straight after I don't think they can

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I think the the chiefs/jets game is thursday night so unless they play straight after I don't think they can

Balls! I love the craic at draft time, the PFL one was awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Balls! I love the craic at draft time, the PFL one was awesome

There will be two more! Or is it one?

Advertisement