Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draft Date

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

madalig12 wrote: »
    There will be two more! Or is it one?

Just one more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Balls! I love the craic at draft time, the PFL one was awesome
    I particularly loved the way you distracted Adrian so much that he missed his pick in one of the early rounds !

We cannot play before Thursday night because Dave is heading to the Doctor on Thursday to see if he will even be able to play me that night. If he passes the fitness test he probably will beat me ( I know he is playing better than me, thats a simple fact ). If he can't and I end up playing the CPU I would hope to win in that scenario. if that happens however I am not sure if I can play on Friday night.

The schedule is very tight as it is. Once Superbowl is done there is Scouting available. That disappears once you advance to Resignings stage 1 and effectively is not included in the above ( not actually sure if anyone will be scouting at this stage however ). Scouting is not available again until Stage 2 of Free Agency.

Also its very important that the Resiginings are publicised very well as some people may not have been on here in a few weeks as playoffs have been going on. Not good if they miss that stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty44 wrote: »
    I particularly loved the way you distracted Adrian so much that he missed his pick in one of the early rounds !

We cannot play before Thursday night because Dave is heading to the Doctor on Thursday to see if he will even be able to play me that night. If he passes the fitness test he probably will beat me ( I know he is playing better than me, thats a simple fact ). If he can't and I end up playing the CPU I would hope to win in that scenario. if that happens however I am not sure if I can play on Friday night.

The schedule is very tight as it is. Once Superbowl is done there is Scouting available. That disappears once you advance to Resignings stage 1 and effectively is not included in the above ( not actually sure if anyone will be scouting at this stage however ). Scouting is not available again until Stage 2 of Free Agency.

Also its very important that the Resiginings are publicised very well as some people may not have been on here in a few weeks as playoffs have been going on. Not good if they miss that stage.

Mission accomplished :cool:

So should the SB-> Draft time be longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i have absolutely no knowledge of any player in the draft, so if anybody would like to trade me their top player/s for a pick, i'm open to offers :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think the schedule is fine as it is, people can scout during free agency (except the first round) so they should have their scouting done before the draft if they haven't done it already..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Heli,

Could you send everyone a PM To let them know that resignings will take place Saturday-Sunday 6pm. So they know.

Either that, or to stop a tight schedule occurring, we could have the draft the Wednesday after. Pre Season will probably just be one week per day Thursday-Sunday and the new league starting on the Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What are the options for someone who isn't around on draft day?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What are the options for someone who isn't around on draft day?

Trade your picks!

Im not sure what way the draft logic works.
    I mean if you need a MLB as detailed on XBL, will it draft you the highest rated MLB??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think you scout the players you want drafted.

Maybe scout all the MLB for Awareness (or whatever attribute you rate highly) and for the top few scout another attribute and scout more and more of the top players that way.

I have heard that the CPU does a decent job of drafting but I'd scout anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

SantryRed wrote: »
    Heli,

Could you send everyone a PM To let them know that resignings will take place Saturday-Sunday 6pm.

is that this saturday santry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Trade your picks!

Not sure my picks are worth anything tbh.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Not sure my picks are worth anything tbh.

I'll take them all in that case.

You'd be surprised.
    There are a lot of people on 8-8 (i am) ok your in the play offs, but its worth something anyway

SantryRed wrote: »
    Heli,

Could you send everyone a PM To let them know that resignings will take place Saturday-Sunday 6pm. So they know.

Either that, or to stop a tight schedule occurring, we could have the draft the Wednesday after. Pre Season will probably just be one week per day Thursday-Sunday and the new league starting on the Monday.

Ben, let me know what you want me to do.
    I would be more than happy to have it the week after tbh but we'd need to see if that suited.
    If Berty wins and is not available on Friday that throws your timings off aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Hey guys

Whats the final date and time for the Draft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

guns4all wrote: »
    Hey guys

Whats the final date and time for the Draft?

Tomorrow week at 8.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Where could one find a list of the draft order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭davetherave

n37nfn.jpg
    This is as good as you'll get, I believe. You are somewhere between 7 and 11.
    Tiebreakers are sorted by strength of schedule but we can't see those, they have to be calculated.
    Unless of course, somebody took over all the work I was doing last year.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amb7i5eokd8bdHcxM3J5MmJzVkVXdjN5ejBoZjluZEE#gid=0

Had started again for Madden 13 but just didn't have the time to fill out all the schedules and keep track of everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Thanks Dave, I knew I shouldn't t have beat the 49ers in my last game!

Does anyone know the salary applied to each pick. How much does a first rounder get compared to 3rd for example. Or do we need to negotiate contracts wit each individually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The game automatically sets aside a certain amount for picks based on the number you have and the actual pick number. For example Ben with Washington has no early picks so his Rookie Reserve will probably only be around 3 million. The coach with 1st pick in the draft and with all 7 picks probably has around 7million in Rookie Reserve.

You do not have to negotiate contracts with your rookies. The game automatically does it for you, using up the Rookie Reserve. Trade for a pick and you will see your rookie reserve go up / down accordingly.

The salaries are usually very reasonable, if you were having cap trouble you could easily reduce you wage bill by trading players for picks. Only downside is you don't know how good the rookies will actually be, but they will cost less than experienced players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just as a point of interest my rookie reserve is 6.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

oh noooo.....I think I'll be in Waterford for the draft :(

3 kickers and 4 punters for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

but seriously, what happens if I miss it?

If you can get on before the time i'm sure you will be able to get a board done. If not the cpu will draft for you based on your need, i'm assuming taking the next highest rated player.

Advertisement