Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet in Patrickswell/Adare area

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

Pious14 wrote: »
    The Eircom (eir) fibre is in the "in build" stage for ages now in Patrickswell- any idea when it will be completed?

I heard December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I heard December.

That would be nice but I remain doubtful. At best all I can get is 5mb. Once in a blue moon 7mb maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

I would be ecstatic with 5mb. My line can only get 1mb at the moment so am stuck using mobile internet (of which I have terrible reception) so very little options. I'm about 2km from exchange so hoping the upgrade to fibre might get me 5mb considering my distance from the exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Pious14 wrote: »
    I would be ecstatic with 5mb. My line can only get 1mb at the moment so am stuck using mobile internet (of which I have terrible reception) so very little options. I'm about 2km from exchange so hoping the upgrade to fibre might get me 5mb considering my distance from the exchange

Who's your provider? I was with Eircom (or whatever they're called now) for years and the service was horrible. Maximum peak of 3mb but that was rarely achieved. Switched to Sky and now 3mb is the slowest speed. 5mb on average and potentially up to nearly 8mb.

About 3km from the village myself. In general Sky is ok but it can get annoying at times. Slow/disrupted service. It's far from the best, but it's the 'best of the worst' available near me. Better than Eircom by miles anyway, not that that says a lot for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

jaxxx wrote: »
    Who's your provider? I was with Eircom (or whatever they're called now) for years and the service was horrible. Maximum peak of 3mb but that was rarely achieved. Switched to Sky and now 3mb is the slowest speed. 5mb on average and potentially up to nearly 8mb.

About 3km from the village myself. In general Sky is ok but it can get annoying at times. Slow/disrupted service. It's far from the best, but it's the 'best of the worst' available near me. Better than Eircom by miles anyway, not that that says a lot for it.

Not with any provider as not paying for a 1mb line, was told that's the highest speed my line can achieve. Currently using Vodafone dongle which gives me 10mb but only have 15gb usage which isn't good to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement