Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Phone Line setup is outdated, Help!

• 28-12-2012 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello everyone this is my first post ever so apologies if i have posted in the wrong section, So here's what i need help with today, i currently have WiMax home broadband installed in my apartment and a long story short i'm not happy with it at all! So i want to get a new isp, maybe Magnet or Smart telecom but i want to have the best possible connection and im not ok with the way my phone line it is currently set up. There should be picture below this line of text↓ ↓ ↓

1yqr8i.jpg

I MENT RJ11 NOT RJ45

So what im asking is how can i upgrade this? can i get rid of the splitter and somehow have only my phone line connected to the RJ-45 socket? so one wire no splitter, What can i do to make this better?? Also is there anyway i can extend the black phone line cable that you see in the picture so that i can set it up in a different room "Can someone tell me the correct name of that "splitter", Again i am noob" I have no idea if this even made any sence lol. And thanks for reading this. Close up of the "splitter"

20i757a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭yermanhimself

Aidan,

The "splitter" you have shown is only a junction box and from your picture is not connected to anything. These boxes are used for joining two different cables together. The black cable is not terminated so I would guess you could remove this box without affecting your service.

Is your RJ11 box working ?

Advertisement