Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle beach help

Options
  • 28-12-2012 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭

Got a pair of PX21s for christmas but I just can't get the game sound to come out of them when I'm using my Samsung smart tv. The mic works and I can talk to people but no sound comes from the headset. I was using them down in my girlfriends mothers on an older philips tv and they worked fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Cracking here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do you have them hooked up.

Are you using a headphone connection on the TV or using the RCA to the component from the PS3 or connecting to the component on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Varik wrote: »
    How do you have them hooked up.

Are you using a headphone connection on the TV or using the RCA to the component from the PS3 or connecting to the component on the TV.

The headset is connected to the PS3 via usb and then to the tv by the red and white RCA cables. I've tried everything and nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

baraca wrote: »
    The headset is connected to the PS3 via usb and then to the tv by the red and white RCA cables. I've tried everything and nothing works.

As I'm not all that familiar with the settings on your TV, I'll suggest the way that will work by connecting it to the PS3.

Connect it to the PS3 via the red and white cable using the PS3 AV cable (came with the PS3).

ps2cableavps3compatible.jpg

Go onto audio settings on the PS3 and set it to use the component for sound while still using the HDMI for picture to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 strife4life

Don't forget on sound setting to put multi output on when using hdmi and the other cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iFergal

Don't forget on sound setting to put multi output on when using hdmi and the other cables.

That only matters if OP wants sound coming from his headset and TV btw, which is pointless unless you want to only use the headset when necessary without changing settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement