Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to CIT or not?

Options
  • 28-12-2012 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,

Started a level 6 Higher Business Cert in DIT in Sep. The year got off to a bad start and as a result I havn't settled in and don't realy take to anyone in my class as I missed a lot early in the year and its hard to start it now. As far as I know I would be able to move into a level 7 Business course in CIT for year two. I just want to know what the social and campus accomidation etc is like. Once I do a year in CIT I would be moving on to DCU or UCC as they are the places I would prefer to be. Any advise and what do students think of CIT and is it worth going to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

tis a balls down here bud drinking girls the queer stuff 7 days a week you never last

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I doubt CIT is much different to any other IT in the country. Cork is grand, the novelty of somewhere new is always good but is it worth the hassle of moving down when you're off tyo DCU next year anyway? I don't know how much easier you'll find it getting talking to the people currently in your class compared to the new class you'll be going into who have been together for a year. If I were you I'd put a bit of an effort into getting to know the people in your class above there, it's probably not going to be as tough as you think. I was in a similar situation in work before (I haven't talked to them until now so it would be hard to get to know them) and it was all just in my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

Moving wouldn't be a problem as I live in Dungarvan Waeford. DCU or UCC would be my options after 2nd year but I can't go either if I stay in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

RonanM123 wrote: »
    Moving wouldn't be a problem as I live in Dungarvan Waeford. DCU or UCC would be my options after 2nd year but I can't go either if I stay in DIT.

I'm pretty sure CIT don't offer a direct entry path to universities through Business either. Think it's only PLCs that offer that path, whereas business in CIT is Level 7 and can be used to progress to the Level 8 in CIT is all.

Advertisement