Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Resident Evil Game?

• 28-12-2012 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What's everybody's favorite Resident Evil game?

Before I say which is my favorite, I would like to say that in general I prefer the newer ones in the series..... Meaning the 3rd-person-shooter-view (4, 5, 6), rather than the older games with the fixed-camera-angles and puzzle based gameplay (1, 2, 3, veronica). Nothing is wrong with the older ones, in fact I usually prefer puzzle-based games rather than action games, but that's just my preference.

The newer ones are a little bit TOO action based in fact in my opinion, which is why I consider Resident Evil 4 to be the best in the series. It was a cross between the 2 different styles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Good idea for a thread, have to say though for nostalgia reasons no. 2 gets a vote from me, but for the actual game itself, RE4 is probably the best game. Wasn't a fan of Code Veronica X or any of the spin-off games like the first-person shooter one.

Leon is probably my favourite character too if you hadn't guessed by my game choices! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GeorgeVerne

Haha Leon is definitely my favorite good guy too, although Wesker is my true favorite :)

Great hearing your choices tho! :D

Also was a fan of the "Chronicles" series for Wii... (Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles)... they had a lot of cool backstory about & inbetween the other games for the story line.... was really cool to me and gameplay was very different so was cool change for a side story

• Registered Users Posts: 26 razz

i would have to say resident evil 5 mainly because of its co-op campaign which i played with a mate and really enjoted it:) so much so we cleared it about 5 times :D

resi 4 was good too but resi 6 was 1 complete pile of crap, i dont know what they done with that game:rolleyes:

i miss the older games in the series, with the puzzles that use to take ages (very young at the time) and the slow and creepy zombies:)

now the series has turned into an action game and if i wanted 1 of the type games i would buy COD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Resident Evil 1, 2, Zero, Chronicles on the Wii, Code X Veronica

In that order

Didn't like 4 or 5 one bit, though I started 6 on Xbox and I was enjoying it. There is a felling of suspense in it that was missing in 4 and 5 for me. Though it's annoying that your partner ducks and keeps shooting at yiu all the time trying to kill you..

I miss the slow terrifying action and puzzles. Want all about busting brains on the walls

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublinplumber

Resident evil 1,2,3, Code Veronica, RE4 wasnt bad
    Havent played 5, but heard its not great, will give 6 a try soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Was RE2 the first time we saw the licker?

Best entrance ever :D

Advertisement