Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

580gtx from OC and BF3 issues

Options
  • 28-12-2012 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

A friend of mine has just got a 580 GTX and has driver issues when playing BF3, crashes and has to reboot, with the error 'driver failed'

Has installed all the lastest updates for card and game. Works fine with other games on rig.:mad:

Any one come across this recently.

Cheers
    Silverski

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

So the card is overclocked ? If it is, drop it back to stock clocks and see if that resolves the problem !

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Greetings,

No the card is not overclocked it was purchased from overclockers UK.
    MY friend has changed the drivers and the DirectX and it is still crashing. He has even removed some of CAB file, but no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

silverski wrote: »
    Greetings,

No the card is not overclocked it was purchased from overclockers UK.
    MY friend has changed the drivers and the DirectX and it is still crashing. He has even removed some of CAB file, but no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Silverski

Generally a game crashing with with a driver error usually means theres something not right with the cards overclock, but as you said, the card is running stock. Download something like MSi Afterburner and check the temps of the card, its also worth trying some slightly older drivers to see if that resolves the issue

Oh and I forgot to add ( As I had not been told) the OS is windows 8

Regards
    Silverski

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I was having driver crashes running a 570 with BF3. I got it fixed by changing the physx to controlled by the card (it has 3 options; Auto/Card/CPU) under the nvidia control panel.

• Advertisement

Greetings all,

My friend has re-installed W7 and that seems to have solved the problem for the moment.

Cheers
    Silverski

Advertisement