Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food running through pup - is this normal?

• 28-12-2012 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Morning folks, just a quick one for you.

The new pup (Pug-Jack Russell mongrel) is for lack of a better term, crapping for Ireland at the Olympics.

He'll have a graze at his food, have a little drink from his bowl, and then usually within 5 minutes offer up a little gift.

This cycle tends to repeat itself every half hour or so.

He's been wormed and had his first load of shots.

Is this cycle of eating then crapping normal or am I overreacting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

pithater1 wrote: »
    Morning folks, just a quick one for you.

The new pup (Pug-Jack Russell mongrel) is for lack of a better term, crapping for Ireland at the Olympics.

He'll have a graze at his food, have a little drink from his bowl, and then usually within 5 minutes offer up a little gift.

This cycle tends to repeat itself every half hour or so.

He's been wormed and had his first load of shots.

Is this cycle of eating then crapping normal or am I overreacting?
    could be a little tummy bug,years ago it was common to sprinkle a little arrowroot over the puppy food,but i suppose the doggy people will say thats now a no no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

getz wrote: »
    could be a little tummy bug,years ago it was common to sprinkle a little arrowroot over the puppy food,but i suppose the doggy people will say thats now a no no

yeah i was thinking that alright.

the brother who bought him (a few days before christmas and made the rookie error of not buying him any toys) has been throwing up a bit lately, i guess he might have passed something on to 'his' dog. (of course guess who's looking after him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

It's unlikely that the cause is a human to dog bug. It could be you've changed his diet from what the breeder was feeding. What age is the pup and what are you feeding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Are they normal healthy looking poos or runny ones?

Problem solved *hopefully

turns out that the brother bought him pedigree chum to eat, quick shop later and all should hopefully be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

It's the change in food that's making him sick. Ask whoever your brother bought him off what they were feeding him? He need's to be changed over very slowly from one food onto another.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    It's the change in food that's making him sick. Ask whoever your brother bought him off what they were feeding him? He need's to be changed over very slowly from one food onto another.

He was on the Royal Canin puppy mix, just picked up a bag of it and the little lad wolfed down a bowl of it. Everything coming out of him since is more regular and is a bit more solid shall we say :p

Advertisement