Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seem to have lost my hearing aid... What next??!

Options
  • 28-12-2012 10:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, I have a medical card, have had a hearing aid for about 2 years now following surgery which badly affected my hearing. The aid makes every day life a lot easier and I'm pretty fecked without it. I had to wait months between surgery and getting the first aid and it was extremely frustrating.

Anyway. I seem to have lost the damned thing. The only place I can think of was on a bus from Athlone to Galway on St. Stephens Day, spent all day yesterday searching my house upside down and no sign. I usually put it in the inside pocket on my jacket in it's case when not using it (listening to music with ear buds/going to sleep/etc) and I think it must have fallen out of the pocket and onto the floor at some stage. Anyway, phoned citylink and they said they'd check for me but I'm not really hopeful :(

Anyone medical card patients here ever been in a similar situation? What do I do? Who do I contact? I'm in a bit of a panic...

[edit]

Right, after a few days, citylink actually turned up my aid, thankfully, massively relieved.
    Had giving up hope and was resigned to having to wait 2-3 months until getting a new one.

For any MC holders who might be in the same position down the line and don't find their aid, you have to call your local HSE clinic and speak to the hearing services and advocate your case, if they are helpful they will skip the red tape and get on it right away but they can, if they want to, make your GP refeer you to an audiologist and start all over again.

Advertisement