Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband/Phone Installation

Options
  • 28-12-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi i recently signed up with eircom, around Dec 20th. The guy i signed up with said all should be turned on in early January. Is it possible to get a specific date? I am living in Tramore, co. Waterford

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Irishder wrote: »
    Hi i recently signed up with eircom, around Dec 20th. The guy i signed up with said all should be turned on in early January. Is it possible to get a specific date? I am living in Tramore, co. Waterford

Hi Irishder
    can you PM me your new account number, new phone number ( if you have this) or alternatively your full address.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

PM Sent

Any update or do i have to wait until later next week?

Any Update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Any Update?

Hi Irishder

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have checked your order for both phone line and broadband and I can see your phone line was activated on 21/12/12. Can you clip a handset phone into the phone socket to see if there is a dial tone? I'm currently following up your broadband order as soon as I have an update on this I will get back to you here.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me i actually dont have a phone yet to test the line, i am more interested in the broadband. Can you let me know when you have more information.

Regards,
    Derek

Thanks for getting back to me i actually dont have a phone yet to test the line, i am more interested in the broadband. Can you let me know when you have more information.

Regards,
    Derek

Hi Derek

No worries, I should have an update on Wednesday in relation to your broadband, as soon as I do I will get straight back to you here.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda,
    Any update? i was surprised to see a bill today for a service i have yet to receive?

Regards,
    Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

Hi Linda,
    Any update? i was surprised to see a bill today for a service i have yet to receive?

Regards,
    Derek
    I'm was in the same situation mate, I got a telephone for a fiver in argos, got my own modem because the eircom ones are dirt for online gaming which I do a lot in powercity and everything was working just had to put down the dns servers and settings on the modem, if I had of been waiting on the eircom modem I'd be still waiting

TomoBhoy wrote: »
    I'm was in the same situation mate, I got a telephone for a fiver in argos, got my own modem because the eircom ones are dirt for online gaming which I do a lot in powercity and everything was working just had to put down the dns servers and settings on the modem, if I had of been waiting on the eircom modem I'd be still waiting
    What type of modem did you get? What speeds are u getting?

• Advertisement

Hi Linda,

Regards,
    Derek

Hi Derek,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have checked the status of your broadband order and I can see the courier attempted to deliver the equipment today (03/01/13) at 10.06am but there was no answer at your address. The equipment is now available for collection at Tramore depot. I would advise you to contact the depot on 1850 57 58 59 between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday to have this re-sent.

In relation to your first bill, when a customer connects to eircom you will be charged from the date the service is activated (21/12/12) which is invariably in the middle of the billing period, plus one month line rental in advance. Our billing cycles are dictated by the area rather than the date of connection. Usually, all houses in a certain area will receive the bill on a specific day.

Regards
    Linda

Got it Linda thanks, all up and running now. thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Irishder

I'm glad to hear this is now up and running and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused in this case.

Regards

Al

Advertisement