Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player Not Working ?

• 28-12-2012 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Is anyone having a problem playing all recorded news and programmes in RTE player ?.

For the last week now using firefox or internet explorer, i can't for the life of me get rte players recorded content to work. rte players live news will work but that's all. A friend of mine has the same problem so are any of you having the same issue ?.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Working fine here on UPC in Dublin, just watched Mrs Brown on it.
    What's your isp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

mark17j wrote: »
    Working fine here on UPC in Dublin, just watched Mrs Brown on it.
    What's your isp?

Sorry for the delay in response.. my isp is UPC as well in the swords area. Thanks for the info, i'll look for the cause of this problem now on the pc. But the strange thing about it is a friend of mine's isp is vodafone and he says that all the recorded stuff on RTE player won't buffer and is basically dead/similar to my problem.

I'll look into it, thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Is your Flash player up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭corkie

zenno wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem playing all recorded news and programmes in RTE player ?.

For the last week now using firefox or internet explorer, i can't for the life of me get rte players recorded content to work. rte players live news will work but that's all. A friend of mine has the same problem so are any of you having the same issue ?.

As posted in another thread if you have ad blocking plugins or software then rte player wont play!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056839657?page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I hadn't tried it for a while, but yes now I am having the same problem - on Ubuntu. Tried it on Firefox, Google Chromium and Epiphany Web browsers and the RTE player will not work on any of them - Epiphany tells me that the RTE player is still looking for the latest Flash version. HOWEVER the TV3 player works just fine!!

A few weeks ago, had this problem on a new Android (Nexus) and it was simply fixed by downloading the Adobe Flash file to the hard drive, and then downloading and installing Firefox beta from Play Store, and opening the RTE website from within the Firefox Beta web browser. It won't work within any other browser even though the flash file is installed on the hard drive - only in Firefox beta.

Must get a version of Firefox beta for Ubuntu, either that or wait for RTE to bring out their player in HTML5.....

• Advertisement

I hadn't tried it for a while, but yes now I am having the same problem - on Ubuntu. Tried it on Firefox, Google Chromium and Epiphany Web browsers and the RTE player will not work on any of them - Epiphany tells me that the RTE player is still looking for the latest Flash version. HOWEVER the TV3 player works just fine!!

A few weeks ago, had this problem on a new Android (Nexus) and it was simply fixed by downloading the Adobe Flash file to the hard drive, and then downloading and installing Firefox beta from Play Store, and opening the RTE website from within the Firefox Beta web browser. It won't work within any other browser even though the flash file is installed on the hard drive - only in Firefox beta.

Must get a version of Firefox beta for Ubuntu, either that or wait for RTE to bring out their player in HTML5.....

Thanks for the update dude, it seems that the RTE webmaster forgot to code his/her sh*t properly...it's a week ffs RTE can you fix it or not.

Regarding posters above...flash player is not an issue as it is installed perfectly fine and has being tested from a different isp and still the same so it's on RTE webmasters side.

Did webmaster forget the proper encoding distribution setup ???

UPC connection test to rte player ***non existent*** Tested on vodaphone isp from a 1 mile distance ***buffering only*** obviously a webmaster issue. any chance this can be fixed ?.

If there is any one here that has access to RTE can you please fix the distribution error. thank you.

corkie wrote: »
    As posted in another thread if you have ad blocking plugins or software then rte player wont play!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056839657?page=1

This test was done with antivirus software disabled as well so security and ad blocker is shutdown.

This problem is a direct problem on rte's side i'm almost positive after all these tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭corkie

This test was done with antivirus software disabled as well so security and ad blocker is shutdown.

This problem is a direct problem on rte's side i'm almost positive after all these tests.

By turning off adfree android on my tablet rte player works fine just long annoying adds before hand! Also tested on my laptop and disabling adblock for the rte website allows me to play the video!

By the looks of it rte have done something to there player code to insure ad`s get played!

corkie wrote: »
    By turning off adfree android on my tablet rte player works fine just long annoying adds before hand! Also tested on my laptop and disabling adblock for the rte website allows me to play the video!

By the looks of it rte have done something to there player code to insure ad`s get played!

It makes sense dude. going to startup in safe mode with networking to see how this goes. RTE definitely done some change.

Right. i see the problem...

Just ran windows 7 in safemode with networking and dude, the adverts would not stop but i held on hard till the end of the brainwashing junk and whalla... the RTE player worked but that's strange as i even shut-down all antivirus security and it didn't play before. So Radio telefis eireann are trying to wind me up.

well the security RTE are using now is causing licensed payers to have difficulty in accessing their web content.

Hey... Any one reading this from RTE can i have a free holiday voucher ? because i'm worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

What's with all this DUDE sh1t? are we Americans all of a sudden?

nocoverart wrote: »
    What's with all this DUDE sh1t? are we Americans all of a sudden?

No man it's just a bad habit i picked up from my american buddy so from now on i'm just going to say MAN.

Alright man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

No man it's just a bad habit i picked up from my american buddy so from now on i'm just going to say MAN.

Alright man.

Alright SON!

nocoverart wrote: »
    Alright SON!

I am indeed father, when can we go fishing again in the kerry sea Dad ? i hope it's soon as i'm getting bored here playing on this compuher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Thanks for the update dude, it seems that the RTE webmaster forgot to code his/her sh*t properly...it's a week ffs RTE can you fix it or not.

Regarding posters above...flash player is not an issue as it is installed perfectly fine and has being tested from a different isp and still the same so it's on RTE webmasters side.
    Weird, Ubuntu ships with a standard alternative version of flash to Adobe's Flash version - and it seems that while TV3 player works with this alternative version, RTE player will not.

I manually installed Adobe's version of Flash, rather than use the available alternative versions in the repository. While it didn't seem to work initially, after restarting the computer, the RTE player now plays fine on both Firefox and Google Chromium.
    So yes, RTE player is more demanding than TV3's player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

RTE Player won't play for me on Firefox, but it will play on Chrome. :confused:

Advertisement