Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots too small... present.

Options
  • 28-12-2012 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I got a pair of columbia boots as a present from my sister for christmas, only problem is they are too small.
    They're 8.5 and usually i take an 8 but I need a 9.
    Problem is, my sister bought them in Dubai.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

abceire wrote: »
    I got a pair of columbia boots as a present from my sister for christmas, only problem is they are too small.
    They're 8.5 and usually i take an 8 but I need a 9.
    Problem is, my sister bought them in Dubai.

Any suggestions?

I think you're pretty much out of luck. If it's a pure leather upper, you might be able to soften it up, but it's not likely, I don't think. You could try to sell them on eBay or Adverts and pick up a pair that fit. Boots are really something that you have to get right at the outset, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

I was wondering would anywhere exchange them? Like Kildare Village have a place that sell off boots, but not like tonnes of sizes in all boots, just odds and ends. so one size maybe in one style etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Go to a retailer that stocks them, act a bit dumb, say they were bought there for you as a present and don't quite fit. Could see no reason why they wouldn't swap them for you.
    Slightly unrelated, worked in a bookshop and often exchanged books for people even though I knew they hadn't been bought there. Just as long as it was a title we could resell easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Boots from US based companies are always about 1 size too small in my experience. I'm a 9 usually, but have some Merrell approach shoes and lightweight walking boots that are both a 10.

Any were sell Columbia brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

abceire wrote: »
    Any were sell Columbia brand?
    53 Degrees North sell Columbia gear, but you'll have to check to see if they stock your exact model of boot ...

http://53degreesnorth.ie/brands/columbia.html?department=592%2C705

What is the social Etiquette with getting a pair of boots as a xmas present that don't fit you?

Would somewhere like Kildare village be a good place to try, they might only have one pair of boots of a certain style when you buy them, so maybe they'd be more able to take back boots and exchange for a different size as they don't have a stock of size in any styles?

Advertisement