Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year WHV question

Options
  • 28-12-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Alright so I applied for a WHV. Completed the application online and now I'm wondering if I'll be able to still fly to Australia on the 30th of January, 2013. (Already got a flight booked)

The thing that confuses me is this:
    wmKYh.png

At the bottom it mentions; "Applicant approved"
    And then if I click it this pops up:
    E6WzO.png
    Does this mean I can enter the country since I've been approved and the visa is "In effect" ?

Thank you to all that help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

Just have a similar kind of question here.I applied for a WHV 1st year on the 30th of December via immi and I'm still waiting for a decision.I have no legal or health problems that would delay it.Just to ask is this long of a wait common because anyone else I ask got theirs within 48 hours at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    Just have a similar kind of question here.I applied for a WHV 1st year on the 30th of December via immi and I'm still waiting for a decision.I have no legal or health problems that would delay it.Just to ask is this long of a wait common because anyone else I ask got theirs within 48 hours at the latest.

The 30th was a weekend, 1st was a public holiday, if I was to guess I would say just a backlog with holiday requests.
    I know people who took up to 10 days for theirs .... relax it will arrive

Advertisement