Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei Ascend G300 or Nokia Lumia 800

Options
  • 28-12-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a smart phone and have about 150 euro as I am not looking to spend that much. I want to stay on PAYG and I have a voucher so a second hand phone is not a runner. Both these phones seem quite good but I was wondering which would be better for my needs? Just want it for browsing the web, GPS, there are a few apps that are handy for me and a decent camera would be handy.

Any feedback most appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Nokia in my opinion is an excellent phone for the type of usage you describe.

The only people the nokia doesnt suit really are people who love loads of apps for everthing .But that being said the range of apps is expanding all the time as windows phone gains market share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Huawei G330 is out now. Same price. Dual Core vs Single core on the G300. You don't mention which network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

On Vodafone, have no issues with it so I am not going to change. Is the G330 the same price as the Ascend on Vodafone? How would the G330 compare to a Galaxy S2? Wife has an S2 and I love it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The S2 is better. of course its €400 vs €150. Is it €250 better. I don't think so. Might be to others though.

Many with the G300 have unlocked it easily. We're guessing the G330 would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

The Huawei G330 is out now. Same price. Dual Core vs Single core on the G300. You don't mention which network.
    This guy right here. Listen to him.

If it's cheap and cheerful you're after then I'd strongly suggest the G330 from emobile or Meteor (then just get it unlocked via ebay or at your local unlocking place) for €150 (Vodafone has the g300 for €120 but it doesn't have a front-facing camera for Skype and its only a single core processor vs the g330's dual-core) and you're good to go. As said earlier the GS2 is €400 new but you can get one for about €250 second-hand, but if its new you want I'd recommend the g330, unless you want to take pictures as the Lumia's camera is much better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement