Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 xbox servers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Bloody CTF I like it....played it on Colins xbox did the license thingy but wont work on mine so for the new maps I'm out I'm afraid

Gamemode doesn't matter to you, seeing as your always miles away from the objective!
    Kentar wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the Server?

The server was expired, but the IRL Clan leader has just rented a new one so all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Just doing my best to ensure that every one stays friends here Royal. Apologies if I've somehow offended you.

@Mlindsay @Garseys - what about CTF? I want to get a bit more practice on the Dirt Bikes.

them days are long gone kenter when the power hungry mods on the site got there way.
    we have regrouped and we will/are rebuliding.

any one know when the double xp is taking place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The last double XP that was supposed to start on the 9th of May was cancelled for some reason. No word yet on when its going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Gamemode doesn't matter to you, seeing as your always miles away from the objective!

index_zpsdb3841bf.jpg

Is there a problem with the Server?

Server is up and running and is currently on CTF.

I think we need to change the map rotations abit. I was thinking doing one CTF then one CQ on the 4 new maps just to mix it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok gotta say the irl server is alive and kicking absolutely great craic in there tonight. thanks to all involved i hope games can be as good of craic going forward ill defo be playing more battlefield now...

embarrassing moment of the night was jumping off building expecting to bound up like in cod and forgetting the whole parachute idea lol.......

also chesney needs a muzzle he is a beast of a player.....

Mighty games tonight alright, some great moments.

Any chance you ***** can run HC - no map B2k or the original maps on rush or conquest.

I'm feeling a need to get my rape on. [Anytime after six-ish]

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

Fantastic games last night lads I rediscovered what makes playing battlefield so enjoyable...

C4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mighty games tonight alright, some great moments.

To my demise when I was on the roof I forgot to put a tug down and you ripped me a new one with a knife lol

• Advertisement

To my demise when I was on the roof I forgot to put a tug down and you ripped me a new one with a knife lol

Everyone bar the people on my time felt the wrath of my knife...

Any chance you ***** can run HC - no map B2k or the original maps on rush or conquest.

I'm feeling a need to get my rape on. [Anytime after six-ish]

Hardcore isnt played anymore for the most part.

The server will just empty and nobody will join so it stays on softcore tbh.

Hardcore isnt played anymore for the most part.

The server will just empty and nobody will join so it stays on softcore tbh.

-_- **** that, Gotham City Imposters it is.

-_- **** that, Gotham City Imposters it is.

Try softcore with a weapon other than a sniper and you'll have a great laugh to be honest.

Takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it.

Try softcore with a weapon other than a sniper and you'll have a great laugh to be honest.

Takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it.

I have, I quite like the G36, that said, if I wanted to play close combat I would fire in COD.

I have, I quite like the G36, that said, if I wanted to play close combat I would fire in COD.

You haven't tried it until you have at least 1 service star in another class other than recon.

You could always bring a soflam and light up targets for us playing the objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Recon is a fairly worthless class on the new maps tbh .A guy in the 3rd seat of the tank would be just as effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

You do realise an M16 is good up to 400-500 metres?

You do realise an M16 is good up to 400-500 metres?
    Your wasting your time dude:)

The game doesn't hold my attention like BFBC2 did or either black ops (before the removal of HCTF). The only thing that would lure me back is HC on any game type with people I know. Im not fussed or scores or kills. COD I'm all about run and gun and in bf3 I like to camp it out, nothing wrong with it I can keep enemies off an objective call out positions or remove other recons, thats just how I play.

In softcore I find some people are hitting targets only possible with a rifle which often leaves my 2 hits to kill unless its a headshot leaving me outgunned over burst fire.of a supposedly mid range weapon.

So for me, softcore is a no no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

In softcore I find some people are hitting targets only possible with a rifle which often leaves my 2 hits to kill unless its a headshot leaving me outgunned over burst fire.of a supposedly mid range weapon.

So for me, softcore is a no no.
    Sure if you were good enough you'd be getting a headshot every time anyway :D

Sure if you were good enough you'd be getting a headshot every time anyway :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/mlindsay215/stats/219313052/xbox/

The age old argument, alas I won't be sucked into a troll-war.

I'm a fairly decent shot, my fortee however is with COD, I'm much better at it than BF3. Just pointing out that BF3 is a sham of a game compared to it previous installments, so if I'm to play this pile of **** I'll at least play it how I like it, hardcore.

Just pointing out that BF3 is a sham of a game compared to it previous installments, so if I'm to play this pile of **** I'll at least play it how I like it, hardcore.

The sniping was alot better on BC2. Two good snipers could win a game of rush by taking up positions looking over the m-comms but the map designs on BF3 pretty much scrapped that and there are very few maps with good spots to defend the objective on rush in BF3 so that basically renders the recon class completely useless, with the exception of the spawn beacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/mlindsay215/stats/219313052/xbox/

The age old argument, alas I won't be sucked into a troll-war.

I'm a fairly decent shot, my fortee however is with COD, I'm much better at it than BF3. Just pointing out that BF3 is a sham of a game compared to it previous installments, so if I'm to play this pile of **** I'll at least play it how I like it, hardcore.
    Using nothing but the recon class and the m98b?.Im sorry but you dont have the right to call it a sham of a game.

Back down before i send a TV missile down your scope:cool:

Although in saying that if,i did nothing but the same thing over and over again in every game i joined.Then i'd probably call the game a sham too.

Got a link to your battlelog there slick?

For what?

Its one thing to say you don't like it, that's fair enough, but that's because you're not good at the game, not that the game isn't good.

I mean you can't even say you've played bf3 if you've less than 200 kills with all weapons bar a sniper/pistol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

He's got the most headshots in my friend leaderboards which includes most of the clan.

I don't like it because its not like previous installments. Sales wise it did plenty worse than blops 1 and 2. I'm plenty good at COD, probably ranked highest in every game-mode compared to those in the clan and I still think its piss poor.

So just because I'm not good at it doesn't mean that's why I don't like it. I could say equally you are as good at COD as I was at battlefield yet you seemed to enjoy it plenty.

Also we can all pull out stats from our asses Ath. I think I have the top accuracy in the clan admittedly to using sniper rifles, but everyones got their own style of play. I've sniped in any BF installment I've played, it's just what I prefer.

haters-gonna-hate18.jpg

• Advertisement

I dont like it because its not like previous instalments. Sales wise it did plenty worse than blops 1 and 2. Im plenty good at COD, probably ranked highest in every gamemode compared to those in the clan and I still think its piss poor.

So just because Im not good at it doesnt mean thats why I dont like it. I could say equally you are as good at COD as I was at battlefield yet you seemed to enjoy it plenty

You could say that bit you'd be talking out your japs eye.

Your only good at COD due to your connection, you hipfire every kill which takes no skill.

Sorry but maybe if you learned to ADS you may enjoy a game that takes skill.

Advertisement