Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 xbox servers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I dont like it because its not like previous instalments. Sales wise it did plenty worse than blops 1 and 2. Im plenty good at COD, probably ranked highest in every gamemode compared to those in the clan and I still think its piss poor.

So just because Im not good at it doesnt mean thats why I dont like it. I could say equally you are as good at COD as I was at battlefield yet you seemed to enjoy it plenty

Tone down the competitiveness and try have a bit of craic. The game is still frustrating at the best of times but CTF is a great mode, the new maps are spot on and suit everyone from bus wookies to suicide bombers.
    Just avoid the original choke point maps and its fairly enjoyable, ill only play karkand and end game anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

DOC - images-7.jpg

Why you mad bro? I think that's a fairly loose statement at best, "Only good because of my connection?" I guess that's why I was decent at BlOps1 as well.

WJ - The craic is 90, slekkid put downs don't bother me. I like CTF, I enjoyed the new maps even as a sniper I felt they accommodated the class very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Sorry but maybe if you learned to ADS you may enjoy a game that takes skill.

Theres no real ADS on Counterstrike (unless you are using specific weapons) and that is considered one of the most if not the most skillful FPS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

GottaGetGatt is the best player in the clan. He once took down a chopper with his knife. He once ran at a tank leaving the enemy spawn and it retreated back into its spawn and the driver then left the server. He doesn't teabag enemies one by one. He does it squad by squad. The stats don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Theres no real ADS on Counterstrike (unless you are using specific weapons) and that is considered one of the most if not the most skillful FPS
    Was there even an ADS shooter out at the time of counterstrike?

• Advertisement

Was there even an ADS shooter out at the time of counterstrike?

no the COD franchise was grown off the original counterstrike imo. But nowadays there is no real ADS in the latest CS (Global Offensive) and it still leagues ahead of every other FPS in terms of skill. (I like all FPS games btw as I know the above makes me sound like a CS fanboy)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Two words

NOOB TUBE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I never said it was the most skillful, just that it takes skill, have never played CS but I have seen a guy called AthboyAce87's videos and it makes it look like good fun, you should check him out.

Also a buddy of mine has convinced me to start PC gaming so I'll check the game out.

haters-gonna-hate18.jpg

You do realise you're the one posting on a BF3 thread hating on BF3? Choosing that picture is quite stupid and ironic.

Also, considering your clear dislike of BF3, it really does suggest an ulterior motive for you posting here a lot recently despite;

(a)Having your own forum to arrange games with your clan members.

(b) Not even liking the game.

Considering you bumped the thread after Royals sig was deleted, and that you only started posting here after me royal and Kev did (excluding one post in the battlefield forum in 6 months), Its not entirely difficult to see what your intentions are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I fail to see where your comming from. I posted that picture as a few appear to have an issue with my style of play therefore those that clearly disagree with it are free to hate away it's hardly my fault they detest being killed by a camping sniper. What can I say, I aim to displease.

As for ab ulterior motive I think you need to wind down from the conspiracy therioes I've been postinf on boards long before you albeit not frequently. Any post I've made in this thread has generally been constructive, yes we have our own site but I am free to post where and when I wish.

Problem?

Deal with it.

I do dislike the game but that doesn't mean I wont play it. I'll play what the majority plays and my opinion or insight to the game matters no less than anyone else's contrary to what you might think.

So heres an idea DOC, I'll contribute, how and when I like and you attempt the impossible, ignore me. It can't be that hard right?

On topic however, lets not get bogged down in bull****. Hip firing in COD takes no skill at all. However those with some degree of skill and better reactions often prove to be the better pplayer battlefield 3 does take more skill however in softcore, for me, its not skill that seperates thenplayers but who has the best layout, for example a sniper should easily one hit kill from the waist up, I mean its simple logisitics, yet if I shoot someone first, in core, with a rifle, they sustain heavy damage, yet are still able to shoot me from 400m+ and because of the reload time per shot they manage to kill me before I can get a shot off.

We could sit and argue the core/hardcore thing all morning, but the short and sweet is that core just isn't for me. I won't play it on any game so its not about the weapons just pure and simple personal preference.

I fail to see where your comming from. I posted that picture as a few appear to have an issue with my style of play therefore those that clearly disagree with it are free to hate away it's hardly my fault they detest being killed by a camping sniper. What can I say, I aim to displease.

Incorrect.

I've been postinf on boards long before you albeit not frequently.

Also Incorrect.
    I do dislike the game but that doesn't mean I wont play it. I'll play what the majority plays and my opinion or insight to the game matters no less than anyone else's contrary to what you might think.

It appears then that I completely misinterpreted this post
    -_- **** that, Gotham City Imposters it is.

So heres an idea DOC, I'll contribute, how and when I like and you attempt the impossible, ignore me. It can't be that hard right?

I'm not sure you understand the concept of a discussion board there chief, it's for, ummmm... discussions.

On topic however, lets not get bogged down in bull****. Hip firing in COD takes no skill at all.

I'm not sure you understand the term "On topic" either, discussing the skill level of a COD player is not exactly on topic for the Xbox Battlefield servers thread, also, as a person who almost completely hip fires, are you saying you're not skillful?
    However those with some degree of skill and better reactions often prove to be the better pplayer battlefield 3 does take more skill however in softcore, for me, its not skill that seperates thenplayers but who has the best layout, for example a sniper should easily one hit kill from the waist up, I mean its simple logisitics, yet if I shoot someone first, in core, with a rifle, they sustain heavy damage, yet are still able to shoot me from 400m+ and because of the reload time per shot they manage to kill me before I can get a shot off.

You see, it is skill that separates the player there, a skillful sniper would either get a headshot, or not take the shot in the first place.

And if we're going down the logistics road, an assault rifle bullet to the head should be a one hit kill, you should only have one life, and you wouldn't get ammo out of a little magical box on the ground, nor would you be able to revive someone who's been shot full of bullets, with paddles (as a murse, you should know that's true).

We could sit and argue the core/hardcore thing all morning, but the short and sweet is that core just isn't for me. I won't play it on any game so its not about the weapons just pure and simple personal preference.

We weren't arguing the core/hardcore thing, all I said was nobody played it anymore, I never said either was better, so dunno where your getting that from.

P.S, did you make that post from a rocking chair? There's a fúck ton of extra letters in there all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I have a very busy week in the real world, but intend to get on this weekend for some mayhem and pure ejitury. I hope Donie gets his voice back by then, is a bit scary playing with Darth vader.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

I'll hopefully be back on for a while tonight - my C4 craving got reignited and now I want to blow **** up....

Feel the need to lay anti tank mines leading out from enemies spawn :D will be on later for a bit of fun...

You see, it is skill that separates the player there, a skillful sniper would either get a headshot, or not take the shot in the first place.

Do you remember the game on Nebadanananan flats the other day when I got 5 head shots from distance in quick succession with only 5 shots fired, and one of those victims was you? That there is skillful sniping.

My streak was then brought to an end by some skillful chopper piloting by you :(

The shock I had when I turned around to see what all that racket was only to see the nose of a chopper right in front of me then splat, road killed.

Of course, I remember all the people I crush with helicopters...

Isn't that right GottaGetGatt? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Of course, I remember all the people I crush with helicopters...

Isn't that right GottaGetGatt? :pac:

You will always be my first chopper kill with the kornet launcher:pac:

You will always be my first chopper kill with the kornet launcher:pac:

Ha, noob!

Col 100 with only one Kornett kill! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Do you remember the game on Nebadanananan flats the other day when I got 5 head shots from distance in quick succession with only 5 shots fired, and one of those victims was you? That there is skillful sniping.

My streak was then brought to an end by some skillful chopper piloting by you :(

The shock I had when I turned around to see what all that racket was only to see the nose of a chopper right in front of me then splat, road killed.

This is some beastly sniping

This is some beastly sniping

Jesus that guy is seriously quick at aiming and picking people off. Plus his position in parts was first class!! Would love to be able to play the game like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

A PC, mouse and keyboard is a big help. He had a lovely seven head shot streak going followed by a miss, then an eighth head shot. Unlike most sniper videos this guy seems to spend a lot of time right up in the action. Nice video.

• Advertisement

NORTH1 wrote: »
    A PC, mouse and keyboard is a big help. He had a lovely seven head shot streak going followed by a miss, then an eighth head shot. Unlike most sniper videos this guy seems to spend a lot of time right up in the action. Nice video.

I wonder is there a way we could use keyboard and mouse with the xbox360?

Off to google to do a quick search :)

NORTH1 wrote: »

its a double edged sword. theres no aim assist which means shooting is a lot harder. on the upside when you get good you will always be better with a mouse and keyboard

Plus a sad fact of the matter is when someone is cracking off headshots like that on the PC more often than not its a hack

Stuck this on the server there this evening.

tumblr_m87t92AMQX1r7l16so1_500_zps1dab8be9.jpg

Some very enjoyable games of Rush tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Havnt played battlefield in months, looking forward to getting back on this server now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

IS this server still going? How does one get on it?

circadian wrote: »

There's not always an IRL server running but there's a group of us who would always be playing on the same servers!

Add DOC09UNAM and if ya see me on playing BF feel free to join the party and the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

circadian wrote: »

No it was running for a months and wasn't getting used so i stopped leasing it.

I also went back to PS3 because of the whole xbox one crap and intend to get a BF3/BF4 PS3/PS4 Irish server running for Irish Gamers.

I set up a poll http://www.irishgamers.ie/topic/8669-bf3bf4-irish-ps3ps4-server-poll/ which you can show your interest if you think it's a good idea.

Stay frosty people :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭circadian

Cool, thanks!

I'll probably be giving next gen a miss for a while, probably move to PC gaming for the meantime. Hopefully get some servers there :D

Advertisement