Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodturning

Options
  • 28-12-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi, i'm new to boards.ie and was looking for some info on woodturning. Starting to get really into the woodturning and was thinking of getting a hollowing system for vases or hollow vessels. Any info on different types good or bad would be helpful . Was looking at robert sorby ones, has any one used these? Also any idea where i could source good quality bowl blanks in ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 faithful chippie

look up ellsworth hollowing tools. bowl blanks? small ones i'd buy a thick wide board from a timber merchant and saw it up myself, big ones sawmill/treesurgeon mabye.

heres a nice vid, ellsworth tools in use, low cost setup, better results than the average hobbyist would do with all the fancy tools

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSjKRIH7oE

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anthony200

Thanks for that i'll look up that vid

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Where abouts are you located? There are Chapters all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 anthony200

I'm going to join the midlands chapter in the new year

Advertisement