Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers at Solar

Options
  • 28-12-2012 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do the bouncers go out of their way to be pricks?
    Any time they reject someone they throw in a snide remark and insult.
    When you have a legitimate ID they ask you ridiculous questions to try and catch you out. Headwrecking stuff...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

The management reserve the right . . . .

You'd be amazed how many punters go out of their way to be pr1cks too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Bouncers power buzz pr1cks some of them.They have a little bit of authority and it goes to their heads.They can ruin your night out if you want to go a particular place and they dont let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

bladespin wrote: »
    The management reserve the right . . . .

You'd be amazed how many punters go out of their way to be pr1cks too :)

I don't doubt it! Im sure they can see someone whos not going to be causing trouble though, yet they still throw in the sly digs just for their own amusement... Sad stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Bouncers power buzz pr1cks some of them.They have a little bit of authority and it goes to their heads.They can ruin your night out if you want to go a particular place and they dont let you in.

Yeah, thats exactly it... I reckon they've bets on with each other to see who can reject the most people...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Methememb, its simple really... if you have a serious complaint about the bouncers at a venue, then ring the venue the next day and ask to speak to the manager... air your grievances with him or her and something will be done about it normally... normally the manager will have it out with the staff member in question, lighting the ground around them, or with the head of the security provider/company... and they dont want to lose the contract, so they will light the ground around the staff member (bouncer) in turn.

Under no circumstances are bouncers allowed to insult customers, even if they are not admitted for whatever reason. Venues like to retain customers and their reputation.

Im not a bouncer, but have worked previously in the bar/nightclub sector for many years and it was not too uncommon for bouncers to lose their jobs after being complained about by customers... (once the customers complaint was legit!)

Bottom line is that venues do not want bad press nowadays as word of bad service etc. spreads very quickly in small towns and now on facebook and twitter.

I would complain to the manager over the phone or by email if i were you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement