Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N type flashing green led, can't connect to xbox live

Options
  • 28-12-2012 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

OK, here is my problem, sorry if covered before on here, hope someone on here can help.

Young lad has an xbox the last couple of years (2010 xmas), been working away on xbox live with no issues. Recently turned on the box and the N type wireless adapter green led is flashing and he is unable to go online with it, we have UPC broadband which is working fine,

He is currently online via a laptop and ethernet cable using the wireless on the laptop to connect via the upc wireless modem

Purchased a new N type adapter, same issue, flashing green led

He says he has all the updates as when he is asked to update, he does as he could not get online unless he installs the updates

Any & all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its a UPC issue I'd say. Several people are having issues with UPC & Xbox Live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

His mates don't seem to have upc issues, in Limerick also

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheNeXus

His mates don't seem to have upc issues, in Limerick also

My brother has the old xbox and his works normally but I have the newer slim xbox with built in wifi and that is not connecting to xbox live when it does the connection dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

His is the old style xbox, ok seems to be possibly either microsoft or upc issues then?

• Advertisement

His is the old style xbox, ok seems to be possibly either microsoft or upc issues then?

XBox are now looking into the signing in issues we have so with any luck they'll have it sorted sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Happening me also, it can take 5-10 goes to get the Xbox to connect to XBL, even though it's obviously picking it up. Old model Xbox too

How was it possible to sign in using an ethernet cable & laptop but not using wifi, over last few days, strange?

Just found out, none of his mates can now sign around Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Am on UPC in D9, same problems most of today :rolleyes:

Another Boards member posted this handy link in another thread mentioning this latest outtage.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Also, tried to log in on the xbox.com site hoping to purchase (and queue) the Walking Dead stuff to download later, get an error there too :rolleyes: :(

How was it possible to sign in using an ethernet cable & laptop but not using wifi, over last few days, strange?

Just found out, none of his mates can now sign around Limerick

ethernet cable & laptop I think could possibly a little more powerful than a wifi connection not sure, could be wrong (probably am)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Just tried logging onto Xbox.com, got in ok, so queued some purchases for download later :)

Advertisement