Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluctuating speeds

Options
  • 28-12-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a reference number for a job that has been "escalated to an Engineer" but I was wondering - on my router page (3rd party netgear) it shows my downlink as half a meg but with the upload at 128. We're on home plus so would I be right in saying the down should be ~ 3012 despite what the line can hold? This number keeps fluctuating. It's at half a meg now but it might go up to 2 megs depending on what it feels like (but never over 2, surprisingly).

(NB - when it is on 2 (and usually giving 1.6-1.8), it still takes google.ie 30 seconds to load so not really consistent. I'm testing using the router directly into the MPS and ethernetted into a desktop)

Was just wondering whether ye could shed some light on it. Problem has been present for three or four months. Crackly as hell phone line is also an issue but probably related to the same fault.

Thanks,
    Cillian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Folks,

I have a reference number for a job that has been "escalated to an Engineer" but I was wondering - on my router page (3rd party netgear) it shows my downlink as half a meg but with the upload at 128. We're on home plus so would I be right in saying the down should be ~ 3012 despite what the line can hold? This number keeps fluctuating. It's at half a meg now but it might go up to 2 megs depending on what it feels like (but never over 2, surprisingly).

(NB - when it is on 2 (and usually giving 1.6-1.8), it still takes google.ie 30 seconds to load so not really consistent. I'm testing using the router directly into the MPS and ethernetted into a desktop)

Was just wondering whether ye could shed some light on it. Problem has been present for three or four months. Crackly as hell phone line is also an issue but probably related to the same fault.

Thanks,
    Cillian

Hi Shamrock883
    could you PM me the case ref number and your own tel no.?
    Yes crackle on line would signify an issue with line, possibly insulation issue?? We can test this also.
    Tony

Advertisement