Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€250m bid rejected by Barca for Messi

• 28-12-2012 4:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

The world-record bid by an unknown Russian club of €250m for Messi and a reported €30m a year in wages was rejected by both Barcelona and Messi. Great to see loyalty is still part of the game. The fee drawves every other bid in history.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mont wrote: »
    The world-record bid by an unknown Russian club of €250m for Messi and a reported €30m a year in wages was rejected by both Barcelona and Messi. Great to see loyalty is still part of the game. The fee drawves every other bid in history.

Any link?

Obviously a bullish!t story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Its Día de los santos inocentes - dont be falling for it

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Oh those crazy Spanish and their hilarious japes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sure his buy out clause is less than that. (£203m apparently).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

Fizman wrote: »

= €250m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Fizman wrote: »

€250m is about £203m

In fairness i think Barca would reject €250m bid and Messi would refuse also, why the hell would he leave Barcelona?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

£461K a week after tax. :eek:

That's bankruptcy figures right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

As Paul Tergat mentioned. Today is the Spanish version of April Fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Its Día de los santos inocentes - dont be falling for it

The story is obviously a load of bollocks but it was doing the rounds before today. Saw it on Twitter at some point in the last few days, I'm looking for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Same story was in the Dutch news yesterday with a link to El Mundo

I guess only Anzi could come up with a bid like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I just emailed Barca and offered them €1bn for Messi with a €25m a week contract but it got rejected. Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I just emailed Barca and offered them €1bn for Messi with a €25m a week contract but it got rejected. Gutted.

Cheaper than getting Jason Newsted back in Metallica, he wants "a squillion dollars". http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/former-bass-player-would-rejoin-metallica-if-they-were-brofessional-579259.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Will Messi go hungry in Spain though is the real question? Last I'd want to see is for him to be homeless and not be able to afford his lifestyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mont wrote: »
    In fairness i think Barca would reject €250m bid and Messi would refuse also, why the hell would he leave Barcelona?

If indeed that was his release clause, my understanding would be that they could not reject it.

Were any of this true of course....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Barca had to accept the offer because the bid was higher than the release clause in his contract, but then Messi rejected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anyone wrote: »
    Cheaper than getting Jason Newsted back in Metallica, he wants "a squillion dollars". http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/former-bass-player-would-rejoin-metallica-if-they-were-brofessional-579259.html

Id rather stick with Trujillo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Could resurrect Cliff Burton with that sort of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Isn't that pretty much the same money he's on at Barca? Surely you'd have to offer him twice that, and then some.

Why on Earth is his buyout clause so low? Ronaldo's is a billion, Messi's should be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

¡Inocente!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

tolosenc wrote: »
    Isn't that pretty much the same money he's on at Barca? Surely you'd have to offer him twice that, and then some.

Why on Earth is his buyout clause so low? Ronaldo's is a billion, Messi's should be similar.

Ronald probably insisted it was that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Messi is very unlikely to leave Barcelona so the buyout clause is irrelevant to him in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ronald probably insisted it was that much.

That's not in his interest, so I doubt it.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Messi is very unlikely to leave Barcelona so the buyout clause is irrelevant to him in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, but all it takes is him to have a blow out with the management, and there's a host of clubs like City, PSG, and Anzhi(clearly) who would be more than happy to pay that much for Messi. It needs to be a bit more prohibitive, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's not in his interest, so I doubt it.

Yeah, but all it takes is him to have a blow out with the management, and there's a host of clubs like City, PSG, and Anzhi(clearly) who would be more than happy to pay that much for Messi. It needs to be a bit more prohibitive, IMO.

It'd take a blow out with the guys at the top of the club. I'd imagine Barca would sack the management if they had an argument before they'd let Messi go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It'd take a blow out with the guys at the top of the club. I'd imagine Barca would sack the management if they had an argument before they'd let Messi go.

Messi for manager!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He will go back to Argentina to finish his career, but could be when he 32+

Ages away.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

word circulating is that russians turned eyes to robbie keane... he has been offered similar terms but i heard he was thinking twice before committing to russian side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

word circulating is that russians turned eyes to robbie keane... he has been offered similar terms but i heard he was thinking twice before committing to russian side

Thinking twice?! Why? Surely they were his boyhood club that he has always dreamed of playing for?!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Messi or...

Lloris(12m)

Azpilicueta(7m)----Vertonghen(10m)----Chico(2m)----Nastasic(12m)

Dembele(15m)
    Garcia(16m)

Moses(9m)
    Cazorla(20m)
    Hazard(32m)

RVP(24m)

Subs: Foster(3.5m), Bassong(4m), Oscar(25m), Pienaar(4.5m), Mirallas(6m), Michu(2m), Podolski(11m)

*didn't use any free transfers as it would defeat the purpose.

Advertisement