Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free steam games

• 28-12-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

any1 know of any good free games to download on steam atm im downloading team fortress 2 and alien swarm, looking for a car game and anything fun really thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Planetside 2 or Gotham City Imposters are decent enough FPS.If you're into some MMO action either Lord of The Rings or DC Universe Online are worth a go.The Star Wars MMO is gone free to play as well but I think its fairly constrictive on what you can do as a non-subscriber,so not sure if it would be worth th emassive download. Most of the free to play games I've had a go at are fairly crap and not worth the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

oooooooooh ok thanks :P i heard lord of the rings is good whats team fortress like?

TF is probably the best free to play FPS game you'll find.Fairly big community of people still playing it and its not a case of pay to win like alot of the other ones you could download. With alot of the other "free" games, you're at a bit of a disadvantage playing against any of the players that are spending money upgrading their characters or you have to play forever just to unlock some guns just to put yourself on a level playiing field.Fair bit of depth in it as well that you wouldn't expect until you play a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Reon

ah i see i might buy a few games not sure yet thanks :D seems like a fun game tho

Few threads on it over on the Half Life Board

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Reckon you'd probably find a few lads off boards that still play it if you were looking for a few people to team up with.
    One lad is looking for people to join his clan if you were interested
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056754889

Its a good game and reckon you'll enjoy it.Good luck and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Meatwad wrote: »
    TF is probably the best free to play FPS game you'll find.Fairly big community of people still playing it and its not a case of pay to win like alot of the other ones you could download. With alot of the other "free" games, you're at a bit of a disadvantage playing against any of the players that are spending money upgrading their characters or you have to play forever just to unlock some guns just to put yourself on a level playiing field.Fair bit of depth in it as well that you wouldn't expect until you play a few hours.

And its great for collecting hats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone else expecting this to be a thread by lamposts? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Nollog

Advertisement