Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Professional Make Up Courses - Dublin

• 28-12-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Everyone !
    I'm looking to do a make up course in the next few months, I was going to apply to LA Make Up but I havent been hearing great reviews.
    So I was thinking in either the Make up Forever course, Or I heard Brown Sugar have one aswell? Just wondering has anyone ever done one of them / heard anything about them?
    Feedback is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

I found LA to be fantastic when I done my makeup course. Expensive, but found the level of teaching to be outstanding. I have no experience with other courses, so am no real help. Just don't let one or two bad reviews put you off. LA will let you sit in on a complimentary class before you decide, if that would help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I've been told to look at itec credited courses as a course with no certification doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Also heard bad things about la from people who worked in make up

• Registered Users Posts: 7 0rLA

slowmoe wrote: »
    I've been told to look at itec credited courses as a course with no certification doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. Also heard bad things about la from people who worked in make up

Can you elaborate more on the Itec courses? like would I have to do a PLC course for a year to get an Itec cert or do you know of any short term courses that you can get one with as well?
    Sorry for all the questions just I have never heard of that one only Fetac!

xLexie wrote: »
    I found LA to be fantastic when I done my makeup course. Expensive, but found the level of teaching to be outstanding. I have no experience with other courses, so am no real help. Just don't let one or two bad reviews put you off. LA will let you sit in on a complimentary class before you decide, if that would help you.

Great to hear a good review ! I would like to do a short term course like the ones they do rather than go back to college full time for a year or two.
    Do you think the course would qualify as enough experience to begin looking for a job in make up retail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You need very little experience in make-up to work as a retail artist. They would be more impressed at your selling skills. A short course in make-up is more than enough to work on a beauty counter.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    You need very little experience in make-up to work as a retail artist. They would be more impressed at your selling skills. A short course in make-up is more than enough to work on a beauty counter.
    I have over 3 years experience in retail as it is so I'd be confident with my selling skills, just need to perfect my make up skills first! thanks for your help:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well make sure we at interviews, to big that experience up. It's all about making a sale rather than making a beautiful face. They train you on the job for that anyway.

Advertisement