Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband & Router Dropping Connection

• 28-12-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Similar questions have been asked in relation to the Vodafone supplied router dropping connections. In my case, I immediately replaced the Voda router with a TP-Link from Powercity.

I still notice the router dropping the signal a couple of times a day and takes around 5 minutes to establish a connection again.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jasper1011

I had a similar problem recently,turned out to be my house mobile phone was interfering with broadband freq.Try changing your broadband configuration settings until you find the right freq.Also its possible if you have a TV sender connected TV it could be responsible try turning off and checking, good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

jasper1011 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem recently,turned out to be my house mobile phone was interfering with broadband freq.Try changing your broadband configuration settings until you find the right freq.Also its possible if you have a TV sender connected TV it could be responsible try turning off and checking, good luck

Thanks.....

My issue is the router dropping the DSL connection to Vodafone/Eircom Wholesale, not dropping WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

SachaJ wrote: »
    Thanks.....

My issue is the router dropping the DSL connection to Vodafone/Eircom Wholesale, not dropping WiFi.

How old are your BB filters. I had the same issue with ours and in the end by pure concidence I noticed that the BB dropped everytime the phone line was activated replaced the filters and it only drops once per day now which is the VF mandatory re-synch.

W

Advertisement