Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Opinion for an Outdoor Setup

• 28-12-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I hadn't the slightest idea where to actually put this but I'm just going to settle for here since it's musically related and I'm somewhat known around here. :p

Long story short: I want to build a shed out the back garden to convert into a practice space for myself or potentially any other musicians I might have come over to practice in future. Money's a bit tight at the moment though so the project would be an on-going on with stuff added over time (like electricity, sound-proofing, etc) so I'm just looking for help on what to do initially. I'm a drummer also and the kit I have at the moment is just collecting dust so I need a place to stick them pronto!

Has anyone any experience with this sort of thing? Would a metal shed be better than a wooden one sound-wise? Just stuff like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Heap of extension plugs, PA system (inc. bass bins if ya can get them), always better to mic the amps up and have them coming through the PA if you can. Throw bits of carpet up on the wall, good set of earplugs. The room we practise in is sound proofed I'll ask my mate how he went about it next time I'm over.

Probably better off putting this in the bands and musicians forum though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The guys and gals in Bands & Musicians will be of more help i reckon.

Moved from Rock & Metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Question 1: do you have neighbours?

Advertisement