Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gutter flashing for very flat roof

• 28-12-2012 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi
    Any ideas what flashing I could use to stop water getting in over the gutter on a very flat roof?

This is what it looks like:
    you can see there is a gap between the corrugated iron and the top of the wall where the rain can go straight in (either that or the rain is dripping down and around & in by capillary action).
    What kind of flashing would fix that & where would you get it?
    Thanks;)

Gutter_zpseaf63412.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I would need to see it, but there are some good fiber resin solutions on the market at the moment, it just depends on how big the gap is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

you can get a foam filler to stop this happening but you will need protect the wall plate with a galvanised 90 degree flashing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

Thanks the corrugated sheets are just screwed into the joists there's nothing else there except a waterproof membrane (which does soak up some water but it's not designed to be exposed like that).

If you fitted 90 degree flashing would water still get into the valleys and run around and in? Also would you get that at any building supply store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

dzer2 wrote: »
    you can get a foam filler to stop this happening but you will need protect the wall plate with a galvanised 90 degree flashing

Yes, another good way to go about it, the thing about the fiber resin is it can make it seamless down to the gutter the full length of the building.

There is a company I know of that make the product and many more besides but they are based in Scotland, I am sure they would be supplying to somewhere in Ireland, I do not want to mention them unless a MOD says it is OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Yes, another good way to go about it, the thing about the fiber resin is it can make it seamless down to the gutter the full length of the building.

There is a company I know of that make the product and many more besides but they are based in Scotland, I am sure they would be supplying to somewhere in Ireland, I do not want to mention them unless a MOD says it is OK.

You can PM the OP any info you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement