Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genetic Crosses HL Biology?

• 28-12-2012 7:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

This chapter for me is really hard just wondering is it a section on the LC Paper where you can choose to do or not? Of course I know I should know the definitions for the short questions but what about the long questions can I choose?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Yes it is an option although it is, in my opinion, an easy section and you'll be leaving yourself with little or no choice come the exams. If you keep practicing those crosses they do get very straightforward and I'd find it a lot easier than doing the theory involved in the other long questions but hey it's up to you! I believe you must know the basics at least as sometimes they interlink some of the other questions with the DNA section.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

kingcobra wrote: »
    Yes it is an option although it is, in my opinion, an easy section and you'll be leaving yourself with little or no choice come the exams. If you keep practicing those crosses they do get very straightforward and I'd find it a lot easier than doing the theory involved in the other long questions but hey it's up to you! I believe you must know the basics at least as sometimes they interlink some of the other questions with the DNA section.

Thank you for the great answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Genetics is nearly always guaranteed in the long questions, I'd second the above poster and say to keep at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

genetic really is an important section. Its alot easier that the plant section. The key is to keep doing the crosses.

In the short questions once there was 2 questions on genetics in the one year so it really cant be avoided, especially anyone going for an A grade.

Advertisement