Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hiking Boots

Options
  • 28-12-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm doing a few hikes this year and im looking for a good pair of hiking boots?

Something that will last.

Can anyone give me some good brands please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

A few years ago I got a pair of Columbia Titanium. I was a bit dubious at first TBH but was very glad of the purchase when I went hiking in the Tatras Mountains in Slovakia in -18C temps. The boots are ridiculously comfortable, very warm and waterproof too. I used them numerous times, summer and winter hiking in the Tatras. Never a problem. More than adequate for your needs.

This is them:

f_75449_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Meindl are popular in our hiking club. These would be hardcore boots however, you won't get much change out of €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

+1 meindl

Fantastic boots, you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

Call into the trespass store in the square sale on there they got some nice stuf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Just picked up a pair of Lowa Renegades, they pass off as decent look boots, not just "hiking" boots. They are very comfortable and completely waterproof. Like the Mendl's you won't get much change outta €200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

OP, look at this previous thread as well.

Meindl +1 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hiromoto

meindl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭TheBody

hiromoto wrote: »
    meindl

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Meindl, best boots you can buy imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Zamberlan are great boots. Italian brand so lovely leathers used and are quite narrow fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 yadayadaya

I'd go for leather instead of the fabric boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

yadayadaya wrote: »
    I'd go for leather instead of the fabric boots.

This is also my preference, as I find the leather easier to maintain for waterproofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Moonfruit

Scarpa Ranger

Advertisement