Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] 3 bed house to rent - Ballinteer/The Gallops/Sandyford village/Stepaside

Options
  • 28-12-2012 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello everyone

After weeks of deliberating about areas to move to in Dublin and going for the one with the best school for our boy we are now stuck due to a huge shortage in rental accommodation nearby! We aim to buy eventually but want to try before we buy but hadn't realised how tough the rental situation was. I've read postal about dozens of people viewing with references and deposits in hand, as we've owned our own home for the past 12 years who do we even use as references? The deposit isn't am issue but is it standard to offer over the advertised rental price in order to secure a property?

Again, any advice will be gratefully received - it has been invaluable so far so thanks to all that have replied to previous posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

what school is your child going to? also what age is your son and is he an only child? i.e would an apartment do?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sennis

Ballinteer Educate together. He's 4.5 and we have another little one and they are both used to having a garden (hard to get them indoors!) so an apartment is probably out...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

ok and do you drive & will either of you have to commute to work and if so, where is that?

Both of us drive but ideally somewhere with good transport links as my husband works in town (quays) and I'll be looking for work very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Gadfly Girl

Your husband could get a character reference from his place of employment, don't be too concerned if you are honest and direct about your intentions and reasons you sound like good candidates.

There are some ground floor 3 bed apartments available at the development opposite Lamb Doyles Pub in Sandyford, spacious but personally I'm not keen on the location (on side of steep hill).

I would recommend not ruling out apartment type living completely as some developments have good enclosed outside spaces attached. Keep an eye on ground floor duplexes eg. Belarmine or townhouses eg. Ballintyre, Kilglobbin ** (directly beside Luas & lovely development).

Hope that helps

• Advertisement

Thank you again for the advice, we are going to look at some apartments too near the school. Fingers crossed and thanks again.

Advertisement