Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't sync iphone 5

• 28-12-2012 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I bought an iphone 5, tried to sync it today, but it said I needed itunes 10.7. Tried to update, but it said there were no updates available. Can I fix this? My mac is quite old, had it for 4 years, and I'm not sure I can update it any further. Help?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Hi, I bought an iphone 5, tried to sync it today, but it said I needed itunes 10.7. Tried to update, but it said there were no updates available. Can I fix this? My mac is quite old, had it for 4 years, and I'm not sure I can update it any further. Help?

Maybe try uninstall iTunes and reinstall from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Would I not loose all the music and data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What OS are you using ? My son's Mac is 5 years old and it all works perfectly fine (iTunes and iPhone 5)

Says its 10.5.8, but it wont let me go any higher.

Says its 10.5.8, but it wont let me go any higher.

What do you mean ? Have you tried to install Snow Leopard ? I see NO reason why you cannot. We are running 10.6.8 on the 5yo iMac here.
    Also have you updated to 4Gb RAM ?

• Advertisement

I don't think I've upgraded to to 4gb ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

You'll need to install snow leopard, its only available off the apple website, i think its about €22 delivered

Ah that makes sense :) thank you. Could I buy it from one of the apple stores in Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

There is no apple stores in Dublin. CompuB may stock it though

Ah that makes sense :) thank you. Could I buy it from one of the apple stores in Dublin?

Get it now. But FIRST, order 2x2Gb RAM from Crucial (their site will tell you what the correct RAM to buy is) and install it.

Make sure to back up your data, even though installing Snow Leopard will not erase or disturb your data ... you never know with computers.

After installation of Snow Leopard, leave it running on it's own all day and allow any software updates to happen. It may appear slow at first as it may start a new indexing of files etc. This will only last a few hours. When it's all settled check out your iTunes issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement